BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Tagging

Tagging Entrepreneur

Is there any software people are using to make invoices and keep track of whats paid etc for accountants?

setupdisc likes this.

2. OnTrial

OnTrial Entrepreneur

3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

I don't do my own books anymore. However, I did buy Quick Books for my business and it is tied into my accountant directly. My biz manager simply sends my reports to me each morning.

setupdisc likes this.
  4. K

K Entrepreneur

Each morning sounds cool, is that automated?

setupdisc likes this.
  5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

In a fashion, the reports are generated by my Biz Manager. He's a semi-retired accountant with business management experience. He knocks out the reports each day and I receive them by email. What I remember of Quick Books, it will automate the reporting process if you wish (that's probably what my guy does). It also does a great job of invoicing, which was one of the OP's requirements. I can do a great job of accounting, but I don't enjoy it, so it is among the few things I have typically outsourced throughout my life. Everyone should learn it, it's the only way to know your books are straight and honest. Everyone should know how to read a general ledger, a P&L, balance sheet, A/R ledger, etc.

I originally used Peach Tree Software, it was good. I switched to Quick Books at the request my guy. He knows his stuff!

setupdisc likes this.
  6. Alex Lee

Alex Lee Entrepreneur

I've been using https://www.pancakeapp.com for the last year and a bit and for me works well, best thing really is that its self hosted, can't really complain does the job^^

setupdisc likes this.
  7. K

K Entrepreneur

What exactly does it do man?

setupdisc likes this.
  8. Alex Lee

Alex Lee Entrepreneur

Basically every thing you would expect, it has timers, Invoicing, Project management with tasks, you can customize and brand everything, clients have their own kind of dashboard. Updates and support are great. Tracks expensis as well. I havn't looked for an app tho, but it is mobile optimized so i've sabed it on the home screen of my ipad and it works just as well.

had a few problems but support were great, and its only a one time payement that is not to much really check it out link is in the post above

best

setupdisc and K like this.
  9. K

K Entrepreneur

Self hosted? can you skin it?

setupdisc likes this.
  10. Alex Lee

Alex Lee Entrepreneur

Yup self hosted and yeah you can customize to you likings but i've never played around with it.

Hit me up on Skype and i'll give you access if you want to look around

setupdisc and K like this.
  11. K

K Entrepreneur

Will do this week!

setupdisc likes this.
  12. Alex Lee

Alex Lee Entrepreneur

Sounds like a plan mate

setupdisc likes this.
  13. Tagging

Tagging Entrepreneur

Thanks guys will check these out

setupdisc likes this.
  14. Veronika Tondon

Veronika Tondon Entrepreneur

I would like to suggest most powerful invoicing tool i.e. Invoicera. It is an online solution with features like online invoice,recurring billing, auto billing, expense management, and reporting. It helps us to provide better control over business finances and increase the productivity of the business. You may also consider this tool.

setupdisc likes this.
  15. Nancy

Nancy Entrepreneur

I have been using Quick books since 1990. That is the program most accountants use. I see there are many options out there these days, but it saves me money to give my accountant my data in a format they can easily use.

setupdisc likes this.
  16. Julesm07

Julesm07 Entrepreneur

I have used a few invoicing systems. When my husband and I had our computer business, we used QuickBooks online. This covered invoicing and all other accounting aspects- this came in handy around tax time for sure. In addition to Quickbooks, I currently use Paypal for my small jewelry business. Paypal Here lets me take cards, keep track of inventory, sales tax, invoicing, and some other things. It all depends on what you all want on your invoices.

setupdisc likes this.
  17. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

I used to use my own invoicing software that I wrote years ago (still do sometimes); but online if I need to do it fast, I use Curdbee or MakeSomeTime

You can't go wrong with Quickbooks. It's been the mainstay for a very long time for many solid businesses.

That being said, it looks like Alex Lee has something interesting, too. :) May check that one out as well. Thanks for sharing!
    @Alex Lee @K

18. Albus

Albus Entrepreneur

I used Apptivo in my business, I can handle every invoice process through this tool. For instance, set recurring invoices for regular customers, make invoices my style, customization, customers make payment through online gateways, record all payments and a lot of instances I personally experienced, it suitable for small business. This is my personal working experience, I'm not recommend this tool. Try to make your decision benefits for your business.

Thanks
    Albus