BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Intros

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tony B, Jul 25, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Tony B

Tony B Entrepreneur

Morning All,

So just a quick breakdown.

Couple of years ago now, stepped out of an online marketing career to go launch a retail product. No background, just wanted to prove I could!
    Ended up with two products in supermarkets and then the issues started as just didn't have the money to keep the expansion going with the logistics etc.
    Our product was quite generic, and in the end the supermarket went around us and sourced from china - usual story as we couldn't really protect ourselves.

Started again, pitched an app, raised a decent amount of money and started to build beta. Then other stuff got in the way, some investors were losing too much money in other apps so stepped out, brexit worried some people and it all snowballed from there.

So hey, I am back where I started. Back to online marketing and focused on funding the app myself.

Just wanted to say hey, talk to you all soon.

T J Tutor and azgold like this.

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

3. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Hello and welcome, @Tony B !

Sounds like you're a willing risk taker who knows how to pick himself up again. Pretty much all entrepreneurs have done that many times on the road to success. It's definitely a virtue!

Start a thread to let us know if you ever need help. That's what we're here for. :)

4. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

hi @Tony B , Welcome to entrepreneurfix. Its all about keep going ahead ... best wishes. I am sure you are going to get lots of interest towards you.

5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Hi @Tony B , how's it going? Welcome to EntrepreneurFix! Thanks for joining us.

A lot of us had similar experiences. Lots learned in the road as an entrepreneur. The important thing is that you are pushing on to find new ways of staying in the game.

Loads of great members here and I am sure we'll all look forward to hearing more about your progress. Hit us up in the forums with some posts and threads.

T J

6. Tony B

Tony B Entrepreneur

Thanks for all the welcomes guys, its appreciated.

You're all correct, the road is bumpy but hey, it's a hell of a ride.

So we start again. I dived into things too fast and sold to supermarkets without actually thinking about the infrastructure or logistics needed to supply huge retailers. Then, when you suddenly lose investors in your app project, the people who wanted to partner with you are 'a bit busy at the moment'

Plan is to put money back in the bank, dig out of the hole. The app is still unique and has real legs, so I fund the beta myself. Learn the lessons and go from there.

Talk soon

T J Tutor likes this.