BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. nayku

nayku Entrepreneur

Greetings EntrepreneurFix community,

I've been a lurker for quite some time and just recently made an account so that I could ask the community a question and contribute as well.

Context
    So my aunt owns her own candy/chocolate business and runs it strictly as a commercial kitchen at the moment. A lot of her business is primarily at local markets, and some in-state/out-of-state events. She has a website that I have set up for her as well, which has generated some revenue, but not nearly enough. She has offered me a percentage of the sales she makes if I act as a distributor for her. This also counts for the online portion as well.

My question
    How can I go about expanding her business? I've thought about possibly looking for people online who would be interested in selling her products at local events in their area (out of state) and then just paying them the commission, but this seems dodgy at best.

I don't know a lot about online marketing, or how I could possibly increase sales in that department, however, I know how to build eCommerce sites and I've had this same problem with my past business ventures, it always seems that the only way to generate sales is through rigorous advertising, and sometimes that doesn't even work because the amount of money it costs exceed the profit you actually generate. Not only that, but I don't know how to really get her products on store shelves.

Does anyone have some methods they know of that I could use to possibly help increase her sales?

T J Tutor likes this.

2. stark_intern

stark_intern Entrepreneur

Pretty much a lurker myself. I see a lot of people run into the same problem of building a product/service and then trying to market it. Perhaps a better approach is to target a particular niche first, do a splash page to collect email addresses and so forth, then launch a marketing campaign when the site goes live.

azgold likes this.
  3. kabirthapar

kabirthapar Entrepreneur

You can opt for following Popular Digital Marketing Channels to increase your sales-

1. Email Marketing
    2. Pay-Per- Click Advertising (PPC)
    3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
    4. Social Media Marketing (SMM)
    5. Mobile Marketing

4. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I think what @stark_intern said is a good idea and it will cost very little. Once you collect the email addresses, you can send people your monthly newsletter. Let them know about any specials, new flavours, events you'll be at, etc.

Naturally, when alerting your subscribers to a new product (or whatever) you will link to it on your e-comm site. Which is very user friendly, appealing, mobile friendly and SEO'd, right?

You can use your social or YouTube accounts to direct people to your squeeze page for free.

By the way, do you sell wholesale to charities or schools, who use the chocolate/candy as fundraisers? I have no idea if that would be worth your while or not.

If you want to go with paid ads, you could try a display ad(s). Purchase space that allows you to pay per month, rather than per thousand. That will allow you to better control your budget/spend amount. You can get cheap display space but you typically get what you pay for. You need to make sure the site has some decent traffic and targets your prospects.

T J Tutor likes this.
  5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

When you start an onslaught of traffic to an eCommerce site, or a lead gen site, for a brick and mortar business, be sure you know the maximum output of that store ahead of time. You may find yourself overwhelmed with orders that exceed the capacity of the shop. Be prepared!

CarlC and VirtualGlobalPhone like this.
  6. AlyssaPatterson

AlyssaPatterson Entrepreneur

Email Marketing is very important to keep engaged your business customers or clients and it can lead you brand among to others.

7. ourbusinessladder

ourbusinessladder Entrepreneur

marketing a products became a great deal today. Technology helps for marketing as well as the competition increase with it. Its always important to be unique while we engaging in marketing. The main aim is to attract the customers, that can be done with some creative ideas. As you know the SEO, SEM, Email marketing and mobile marketing is popular today through which you can advertise your product. Think creative so that the visitors can turn into customers. Best wishes.

azgold likes this.