BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Part of my entrepreneur-journey is motivated by money, or a lot of Benny Franklin dollar bills. So what industries is there money to be had? I guess it really deals with what industries are projected to boom. I have visited many different sites, and I have gotten many different lists of booming industries, not only in 2015 but projected for the next year. Some are as follows:
    • Wine
    • Solar/Wind Energy
    • Cannabis
    • Internet Publishing/Broadcasting, Auction Sites and E-Commerce
    • Healthcare
    • Video Games
    That's just six of the booming industries I've read up on. Where do you think there is money to be had? That honestly will be part of where I make my final decision. Money never sleeps, and always works. Interested in your replies.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I think it would also be worth it to invest in food/restaurant business. We all know that food is of great importance in the world, and if you would start building your own food/restaurant business, as long as you offer great service, and have got delicious meals, I don't think you would never be successful in this field. Another good business idea is putting up an online clothing store.

Digsby Trace likes this.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think that most entrepreneurs and business owners while not entirely driven by money, it will certainly be on the agenda to make a profit out of what business they decide to pursue.

Out of the ones listed, I'd be looking at what's going to become the main issues or talking points in the future, and so with that in mind, environmental issues such as natural energy, would be a good place to start.

4. terryse

terryse Entrepreneur

I guess the brokerage industry is where the money is, but also the riskiest in terms of returns of investment. Investing online, selling and buying stocks, mutual funds, option trading are, i think, where the action and money is. That is only my guess because i don't have the capital and the experience either to engage on this trade.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

People also need to assess the risks involved, and while a certain sector or industry night be having a boom period at the moment, will that last, and if so, for how long for?

Just because something as been popular in the past or is now, doesn't mean it will always be that way.

6. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

That's a good point.

I would think that the healthcare, video games (part of the technology sector)and cannabis would be industries that seem to have support under their belts.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Cannabis is probably still a sector to stay away from to be honest in my opinion. While it does seem to be getting more and more accepted in society, I still think there's a long way to go before it's accepted entirely and with that in mind you might be in danger of alienating certain people.

8. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I thought I read somewhere that medically it has been legalized in all 50 states.

The thing is cannabis is something I am passionate about sharing, seeing my mom get relief from the product when prescribed medications like Soma can cause side effects like with my mom causing her not to think straight (that on a side note, I think should be subject to more testing). Medicine is always going to be needed, and cannabis (especially regarding epilepsy) has been shown to be a effective method of medicating.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Personally I'm for the legalization of cannabis, especially for medical use but I know that there are still a lot of people against it also.

I think with any type of business, while its important to keep your customers happy, it's also important not to bring any negative press on yourself either.

10. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

I think it's a great idea to invest in some lifestyle products and services. We're catering to a generation that's very interested in projecting an image may it be through "cool" music, viral videos, organic food or joining Krav Maga classes. Buzzfeed is a great example of a company that's working with millenials.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

It's true that there are still a lot of business opportunities out there and while whatever you choose to do, you will have competition, that's not always a bad thing and a lot of the time it's that what will spur you on.

You want your business to be better than your competitors. If you have the monopoly in a certain field, sometimes there's a chance of getting complacent and when that happens, that's when a business can start to fail.

12. davide strina

davide strina Entrepreneur

I think cannabis could be a great business idea mostly in tje US where it is legal now. But do not forget one of the thing people,mostly men love the most. (sex and vagina) so I am thinking about nightclub or place were you can go and have paid sex.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Again, as with cannabis, I'm not entirely sure that a brothel will be a good business opportunity to be honest. That's not really being an entrepreneur or business person...isn't that just being a pimp, haha!

14. davide strina

Do you have a business Pwarbi?? if so what kind of business do you have??

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I do, but unfortunately it's nothing as exciting as drug dealing or being a pimp (I'm joking by the way)

We deliver car parts to main dealerships mostly. It's only a small business with a handful of employees. It's nationwide but not international and I'm quite happy to keep it that way also.

We have turned over a profit every year we've been going, including the first year so I'm very happy with the way things are at the moment.

What about yourself?

16. davide strina

Where are you from?? India I suppose. Can I ask you how much money do you earn per year with you business? thanks

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I'm from the UK and this is a family run (not my family) business that I started working for as a driver a number of years ago but worked my way up.

When the owner wanted to sell, I made him an offer and took up the reigns nearly 8 years ago now. As for divulging just what the company is now worth, no offence but I'm not prepared to do that on a forum, but like I said it's made a profit every year since I've been the owner and if I sold it today, I would get back just less than twice the amount I paid for it.

18. davide strina

may i ask you how much your business is worth a month? how can you earn per month with your business? are you loonking for a business partner? If yes, how much money would I need to take over the half of your business? where do you live in Uk?? London maybe?? thanks

19. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I think anything internet related is going to boom in terms of business. So internet publishing, e-commerce and such things are sure to be big hits. The downside? Competition is tough and that niche is overly crowded. But that being said, there are still many more clients around that area. As long as you find your perfect niche, you will likely succeed in it.

I also think that anything gadget related is sure to be a hit. We are driven by technology nowadays and having a business related to that concept is sure to attract a huge amount of clients. Apps and softwares are pretty much a good market to be in nowadays.

Good luck in choosing what industry is the best for you!

20. davide strina

Are you in any kind of Business Brianna??