BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IN TWO YEARS, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO DRIVE A 3D-PRINTED CAR

Discussion in 'Cars and Vehicles' started by EF-Roger, Nov 8, 2015.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

By 2017, you’ll be able to drive a 3D-printed car, according to a Nov. 3 announcement by US carmaker Local Motors.

The company showed its LM3D concept back at the Detroit Auto Show in January, and while you could drive the 3D-printed car back then, it wasn’t quite ready to barrel down highways. Local Motors has spent the last 10 months making the car safe to actually drive, and strong enough to withstand a collision.

Now, says Local Motors, about 75% of the LM3D is 3D printed using a blend of strong plastic and carbon fiber, which makes it at least as durable as a Corvette.

Read more In two years, you’ll be able to drive a 3D-printed car

2. Luxury_Auto_Group

Luxury_Auto_Group Entrepreneur

Did you see the 100% cardboard car they made? Scary!!

3. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

4. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

I wanna say WOW!....

So I'm just gonna say it...WOW! I think this would be amazing, so I'm going to be looking forward to this new development. 3D printing took a long time to grow on me and I remember arguing against how far it would go. When I'm defeated I can accept my losses. I think if we can get there it will revolutionize the auto industry yet again. How much further could this technology go? What regulation would be introduced as the other auto makers would have their supply and demand curves and profit margins adversely affected?

Fact is that I would love to get one because this is part of BIG history. I also want some good answers to my visionary questions;).

5. nailah783

nailah783 Entrepreneur

I still don't trust it. I guess I'll have to wait to see how it works out for those who buy it. I do agree with it's historical value, but I don't think I want one just base off of that.