BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Mike Hastings

Mike Hastings Entrepreneur

Hi I'm Mike,

I'm new to this forum. Excited to find this site and be around like minded others. I'll get right to it. I need guidance or advice on what route I should take to help me get to hit my goals.

I want to make a million a year. I want to earn that by doing what I love to do. And that's helping millions of people with health and nutrition, or being a positive influence in their lives.

I don't want to come off as greedy. It's been a goal of mine forever. I am perfectly happy making the 5 figure income I have now, for I am grateful for all that I have now, and never dwell on what I don't. I've accomplished other areas in my life, such as great health, establishing amazing relationships with virtually everyone I know, and my faith is strong. I come from humble beginnings, so I know where I come from. I promise to not change who I am, have the same values, morals and standards. Of course, I would love financial freedom and peace of mind, take care of my family and have them live closer, give back to charities and donate to churches. I just wanted to give you guys an idea of who I am.

My dream is to work from anywhere in the world, working on my laptop, connecting with people online.

So here is where I am stuck. HOW will I get there? I have extensive knowledge of health and nutrition, I am a personal trainer and nutritionist for the last 7 years, I love to motivate, educate and inspire others to live a healthy positive lifestyle. I even get the compliment of "the most positive guy I know" from friends, family, and even strangers. I have a lot of ideas, but not sure on which one will get me there. Was thinking the best way to get there is youtube and just start posting videos for the sake of just loving to help others and eventually find a way to hit my goal doing that. Your thoughts? I value any and all feedback.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016

2. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

@Mike Hastings - hello again. :)

It occurred to me that I did not ask you if you want your business offline or online. Both?

Also, since you love to motivate, what about public speaking?

Sure, absolutely! Build trust and a following. Link to your site in the description and in the annotations, too.

What are you selling by the way? Is it the physical training? A book or DVD? A diet menu plan?

Mike Hastings likes this.
  3. Dan Resnic

Dan Resnic Entrepreneur

Hey @Mike Hastings , what if you try to look at it from another angle.

If you want to go travel the world and all the stuff you mentioned, why dont you instead of making money by doing what you love you make enough money to support doing what you love?

here's what I mean, and i really recommend reading the 4 hour workweek (but take it with a grain of salt, its made for people who dont like doing 9-5 and want to free their time in a very aggressive way), why don't you open a dropshipping company. Managing a dropshipping company can be done from anywhere in the world and its extremely low maintenance.

That would free up a lot of time to do whatever you want to do, and whatever money you make doing what you love will be a plus.

Hope that helps!

4. Mike Hastings

This is where I get stuck. I am trying to think of what should I do to utilize my strengths, talents and passion to help me reach my goals. Here is what I specialize in.

- Weight loss programs - have trained 1000's with 85-90% success rate.
    - have extensive articles on nutrition and the body
    - have extensive knowledge on how to live a positive life - Just from reading tons of books. Always having a positive image
    - Love to help others. Never ask for thanks, just get satisfaction from helping them.
    -

Ideas

- Can create a product to sell online?
    - build a subscription list and promote e-books based on the valuable knowledge I specialize in?
    - An app?
    - Would love to create a youtube page and just shre everything I've learned to live a happy positive lifestyle, but wouldn't know how to make a living doing that.

Thank you!

5. Mike Hastings

Yes! It does help. I have the audio book and listen to it daily, over and over and over again. it's my top 5 best books. I feel like I'm missing that ONE thing.

6. azgold

Why not all of the above? Joe Vitale does all those things. Actually, not sure he does an app but definitely sells programs, has an email list and has YT videos.

7. Mike Hastings

I can definitely do all these things, but I wouldn't know how to make money from doing them. Say for instance my YouTube channel. How can I receive money by giving advice on living a positive lifestyle?

8. Mike Hastings

Not necessarily just traveling the world, but I'd like to have my parents retire and have them travel the world as well, take care of my sons college education, and be able to give back more to charities and churches.

9. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

I'm sure someone who has more experience in youtube than myself will be able to help more. But from my understanding of youtube, if you go into it thinking I want it too make money right away then your going to kill it before it gets started, and thats the same for any social network. You need to offer genuine content to engage the users. There are so many ways to attack the market that your looking to get into that you will have to do a lot of testing to see what is going to work best for you.

Rather than thinking of youtube as a way to generate cash, think of youtube as a way to generate highly targeted traffic.
    Doing simple videos like, how to make a balanced meal, how to plan meals for the week, how to shop, short home training videos. Doing videos like these will gain you a following, you can then point that following to your blog/site/affiliate deals what ever it is your trying to sell. If your videos are high quality and full of good information then your following will have a level of trust over any products you recommend.

azgold and Mike Hastings like this.
  10. Mike Hastings

Thanks for the feedback! And yes, I completely understand where you going with this. I don't mind being patient and putting in the time and energy into making valuable content videos to generate some subscriptions and traffic. I want to post videos just to start getting out there. I do have a great following on Facebook for the time being, but would like to branch out worldwide through a bigger network with videos. Youtube.

I definitely want to create a product. Possibly like an e-book on information I know. I guess the question I'm searching for is exactly what? Write an e-book on how to be positive and happy? I also excel in weight loss and can write an e-book in how to know exactly how many calories and macronutiriton to eat every day? I'm just putting ideas out there.

11. azgold

The same way others do. :)

This:
    Or link to a sign up page and start an email list.

Whichever way you do it, you monetize via email marketing or links/ads/order forms on your site(s).

Sure, why not? Sell the book via email marketing or your site. Orrrr, put a link to your site here and there in the book and use the book as opt-in bait.

Same as above.

12. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

If you have the a following on facebook, get your videos up on youtube tell you followers on facebook about your new channel, ask them what subjects they would like more information on and go from there. Social media gives you the benefit of being able to talk directly with the people you will be marketing to so you can find out exactly what it is they want and then you can focus on building content around what your users request.

13. Mike Hastings

Ah I see. Thanks for the input. Will do.

14. Mike Hastings

Thank you azgold! This is really helpful information. Gonna start working on those E-books now and start posting some awesome videos. Will keep you all updated.

azgold and CoolSpot like this.
  15. David Macr

David Macr Entrepreneur

You need to follow your dream dont think about the money because when you think about the money then youll jist be chasing the money and not your dreams. Step one do your dreams first and the money will follow you!

16. Mike Hastings

Thank you for saying that! And I am following my dream. I love what I do. It's just scaling it to another level. Hats my problem. Is figuring out HOW to think bigger.

17. azgold

@Mike Hastings

Love that you've gotten started! You'll soon start to see things happen, I think. Your following will grow. Step by step, you'll reach your goals, no worries.

And if you get stuck, you know where to come for help, right? (Here) :)

18. Mike Hastings

Thank you again!

I do have a weight loss challenge we do at our gym that is doing very well. Around 90% success rate. I'm really good at organizing that and keeping people motivated and on track. Only problem is, tough to scale that same process online. I already have the info and content and preset meal plan templates. Everything. Just my downfall is marketing, and also creating a system on a website.

19. azgold

Hey, if Richard Simmons can do it via TV, you can do it online. :)

Re marketing and creating a system, there are pros that you can outsource to if you have the budget. It's always good to know how to do things yourself but you cannot possibly learn and know everything while focusing on expanding your business.

We can certainly help you with some marketing and business tips, just ask when you need some guidance. You may also want to check out WebsiteFix.com to gain a better understanding of things and perhaps find people to help with parts of your project on the technical level.

We will help you all that we can. Why? We love success stories! :)

20. Cameron Hunt

Cameron Hunt Entrepreneur

Hey Mike,

My name is Cam and I'm also new to this, even though I've been browsing through other marketing-related websites and courses (Dan Kennedy, Frank Kern, Tim Ferriss, etc)

I would say getting you out there is the first step, so a youtube channel to interact with people first would be good, then after that you can expand to, perhaps, an online training program/app on how to lose weight? some sort of challenge would be cool too, where people can find other people doing the same thing. And even some sort of community to people interact and share their goals? Kind of like a forum maybe...
    Do some competitor research first but I believe there's a HUGE market out there for that kind of stuff, as people always seem to be making up excuses to lose weight and exercise.

Hope that helps. Would love to hear how everything's going!

Cam

azgold likes this.