BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

If I were to give you $1mil

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by JDI, Feb 13, 2016.

Share This Page

1. JDI

JDI Entrepreneur

Alright guys, as the title says, what If I gave you $1Mil, what kinds of invention would you invent??

2. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I cannot think of any invention at this moment, because I believe everything we need has been invented and discovered. However, I have many business ideas and I would use that money to fund my business. The first investment will start from a dairy farm. I will invest more on my dairy farm.

JDI likes this.
  3. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

I would buy a large piece of land and build a (very small) commercial complex in downtown. Or buy land and turn it into a parking lot in the most convoluted zone of my city (1 million USD are like 20 Million of Mexican pesos :S so yeah, good money).

JDI likes this.
  4. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I think I would invent a lottery system whereby money 'lost' through betting would go to a venture capital fund. Participants in the lottery would become venture capitalists. Every time they win, the proceeds would come from their share in the fund.

JDI likes this.
  5. eProject

eProject Entrepreneur

I will start a crowdsourcing company. Nowadays many manufacturers have turned to crowdsourcing to develop and market their products. I will then invite everybody interested to register and start submitting their ideas about specific products as requested by manufacturers. I will prefer having my business online since that will be the only way I can connect more people to crowdsource.

6. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

Do I HAVE to invent something? I have school loans and a mortgage to pay!

I'd invest in a few large-scale app ideas I had but can't really develop since I am only one person and I would need a lot more capital and man-power!

7. guitarmom1279

guitarmom1279 Entrepreneur

I would use it to pay back my Dad all the money he has gave me due to having Multiple Sclerosis and having to go 4 hrs every few weeks to see my Dr at the MS center. I would also love to be able to take my son on a great vacation. I would like to take the rest of it and open a southern buffet restaurant where I live now since I am originally from the south.

8. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

One million US dollars is a lot of money in my country. I will keep 25 percent form myself and spend on property, I will distribute 25 percent to my close relatives (sisters, brother, parents, wife), I will invest 25 percent in bonds and remaining 25 percent will be spend on charity work.

9. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

To be completely honest I don't even know what that amount of money would look like or what it can buy, but if I had to guess what I would do with it I'd probably find some solutions concerning produce and food. I want healthy food to become a lot cheaper and accessible because I think no matter how poor you are you should have access to good food and not settle for cheap alternatives like fast food or instant ramen or any other processed foods that are cheaper because of the lower quality.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Honestly, I couldn't think of any realistic invention as of the moment. If only I could create something like a time machine, then I would absolutely do it. That would be really awesome.

11. Theo B

Theo B Entrepreneur

I found this an interesting questions. If I had an available amount of cash, I would attempt to start a new type of educational experience focused on revolutionize school as we currently know it and move it into the 21st century. It would be a combination of home school and virtual school but with a facility that provided the day-care services that most schools have become for many today.
    The facility would be set up to have learning occur at the speed the student and parents select by delivering it on-line. Basic classes would be required that meet State standards but beyond that the parents/child could choose the classes to enroll in. There would be tutors on site to be utilized as needed as well as special tutors available for more in-depth help as desired (at an added cost). There would be a up-date and stylish cafeteria available with meal choices. Once basic levels of learning have occurred, as set by the parents in coordination with minimum skill attainment requirements set by the "school" the student could have many choices in activities to participate in.
    Added learning opportunities would be available for students which could be joint team projects or made available by external resources if sufficient demand existed.
    There are still lots of things to still workout but we need to make education focused on learning, individualized, and fun. I would also think education might be better delivered in a more community setting as opposed to mammoth educational bureaucracies. Blending learning with fun activities, using popular games as learning platforms and promote continued development which takes advantage of technological advances that moves education into the 21st century.

12. FreelancingQueen

FreelancingQueen Entrepreneur

Oh there are so many things I would do! Although, I do not know that I would invent a certain thing. I would first pay all my bills, pay my kids bills, pay my mother's bills and ensure we were all financially stable. I would buy a new vehicle for us and my older kids and I would put my youngest through school. Then, I would purchase enough land to build a huge rescue for dogs. I would do everything I could possibly do to prevent helpless dogs from being put to death because of the carelessness of their neglectful owners.

13. ciaran071198

ciaran071198 Entrepreneur

I would 'Make America Great Again'!!! All joking aside I think I would start a VMware based business or something using Microsoft Azure. So many people are starting to use virtualisation to save money and it seems like a great place to start a business!

14. fizzybabe18

fizzybabe18 Entrepreneur

I would purchase each of my rented properties with cash and install solar power in each place.

15. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

At the top of my head, here are some inventions I could think of:
    • A transcription software that is incredibly accurate.
    • A solar powered car.
    • An scanner that automatically and accurately determines your skin tone (for makeup lovers, lol).
    • A software that automatically deletes spam in my site.
    • A highlighter eraser.
    • A device that automatically transforms sea water into drinkable water.
    • A bed with a built-in alarm system that vibrates and makes noises when the alarm is up.
    Lol, I hope all these get invented though!

16. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

Same here! Man, $1 million dollars would be a huge help to my family. I would give it mostly to them and invent a new reason for them to smile. I'd give a little to charity or donate to the local animal shelter or both.

Then, with whatever was left, I'd invest it.

17. acheno84

acheno84 Entrepreneur

I'm sorry to hear about your MS. I have to say, I think a southern buffet would be an amazing idea. I know for a fact that I would go on a regular basis. Nothing like genuine, home made, southern food. I'll be your number 1 customer!

18. doodles67

doodles67 Entrepreneur

I would prefer to pay off student loans. If I were to invent a product, I would want to fabricate something similar to a wheel clamp for all-terrain vehicles and for lawn mowers. Unfortunately, I live in an economically depressed area and theft is rampant. I wish there was a way to lock down ATVs and riding lawn mowers to make them harder to steal.