BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ideas for a retail clothing brand name?

Discussion in 'Planning Your Business' started by Momo, Dec 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Momo

Momo Entrepreneur

Hey guys,

Do you mind sharing with me what type of clothing brands would you like to see in the market. What clothes? Casual? Formal?

Thanks in advance

2. Gurjinder Singh Bhamra

Gurjinder Singh Bhamra Business Owner Entrepreneur

I would say try look into investing in hardware that can allow you to customise designs to the customers specifications :)

Momo and TobiasW like this.
  3. TobiasW

TobiasW Entrepreneur

I have a number of female friends who are no longer as slim and sylph like as they were in their twenties, but who still like to look smart in their forties, fifties and sixties. I was out shopping with one last week and she's a size 20 (UK). Looking along the rails, the only clothes above size 16 seemed to be like vast bags, made of nasty feeling synthetic fabrics in bland and weary pastel colors. I really think there's a hole in the market here.

Momo and Gurjinder Singh Bhamra like this.
  4. Gurjinder Singh Bhamra

Yes, I understand that, I think you will make a mark with knowing the type of fabric that would be comfortable with the person which in turn will keep the customer satisfaction high.

I think that you should also keep small amounts of stock in house to help keep costs down and on top of this have a flexible returns policy

Momo likes this.
  5. Gurjinder Singh Bhamra

The biggest thing you should focus on is the right manufacturer unless you plan on making the clothing yourself

Momo likes this.
  6. Momo

Momo Entrepreneur

Thank you very much! I will take a look into that !

7. Momo

Momo Entrepreneur

Thanks for sharing! I sure think that there is a hole in the market there. I also believe the quality is better than quantity

8. Momo

Momo Entrepreneur

I do agree on that!

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I would have to go with casual clothes. I rarely wear formal clothes anyway. As a woman, I prefer wearing sundresses. I love cotton, and viscose fabrics.

Momo likes this.
  10. Momo

Momo Entrepreneur

Thanks! That's great! I love casuals as well!

11. Goldstandard89

Goldstandard89 Entrepreneur

I like casual that has interesting designs on it or shapes. If you want to start fashion business, you should start a blog on Tumblr, Instagram, and WeHeartit showing different fashion styles and see what gets the most hits. Then create a website that revolves around selling those clothes or really nice knock offs of those styles for affordable prices. That would be a better way to find your market will building your list at the same time. Plus it's easier to figure out the best accessories and shoes to your business.

12. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

For me, the fashion market right now is rather appalling. When I lived in America, I could never find anything that fit correctly. Mind you, I'm oddly proportioned. Long slender arms, long torso, average sized muscular legs. I blame dance. Nevertheless, normal woman's clothing would never sit right on me. I kept having to return to Juniors for my shirts, but the legs of jeans were undoubtedly sized for toothpicks. In Japan, it's a bit better. Strange, right? I'm actually sized like a very tall Japanese woman, so finding stuff is less aggravating.

Style-wise, I'm no fan of the current patterns and colors. I think the present fashion scene is wholly unflattering. The only think I like is the androgynous wave happening. None the less, I keep thinking, "Bring back the 1950s, where a classy, well-tailored suit or dress made everyone look dashing."

Oh, and check out Polyvore.com. You can make outfits through an extensive database of fashion items already out on the market and put them in something of a magazine layout. Might be good for research.

13. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

I think the choice would depend on your taste. Being the entrepreneur, you need passion in your business and that can be seen in your likes and dislikes. You have mentioned casual or formal, how about modern clothing items or radical?

Fashion is ever-changing and I think the conservative designs and styles are more stable than the new inventions. If you were born during the time of bell bottom and the so called straight cut of pants, well, the straight cut is still here for being conservative while the bell bottom pants is history. Just food for thought.

14. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Well, I'm more of a comfortable dresser, so casual it is for me. I usually like jeans, dresses, t-shirts, shorts and collared shirts. That's basically my go-to outfits. However, we cannot discount the fact that lots of people also need formal clothing.

Think about the fresh grads who go into interviews and need some sort of formal clothing. Or maybe think about the events that students attend to that they need formal clothing as well. And how about office employees who have to wear formal clothes to work.

So that being said, why not try catering to both? After all, you can definitely find a supplier that can supply these clothing items. The more variety you have in your store, the better it is for your business.

15. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Are you are manufacturing clothes or branding clothes manufactured by another company? Do you already have a customer base or are trying to come up with the products that will be liked by majority of customers. If cannot make/brand clothes for children, teens, adult at the same time, you will have to choose a niche. In order to find out the niche, you need to do market study o the topic "who spend money on clothes."