BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Deni Dzoja

Deni Dzoja Member

I currently have a self-help/fitness e-book that is 95% complete and I would like to get some reviews (hopefully positive) so that I can start putting together a landing page for the book. Does anyone know the safest way to do this?

T J Tutor likes this.

2. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Member

@Deni Dzoja safest on Internet :) Ha Ha Ha... Let me know if you found one.

3. Deni Dzoja

Deni Dzoja Member

I also need advice on what is the best system for payment processing as I will be using Wordpress to create my e-book landing page.

4. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Member

@Deni Dzoja - PayPal. Alternatively Stripe can also be tried..

5. Goldstandard89

Goldstandard89 Member

If you were willing to pay me, I would be willing to write an in-depth review for you to use. Otherwise, a great way to do it is to use Fiverr. You can get a review for about five bucks. Until you get all the reviews you want, just take quotes out of the book to give your customers a feel of what is in the book.

6. Nathaneal

Nathaneal Member

Give it away for free. Or charge people for it and offer the first few people to get it for free with a written review.
    Hope that helps... I did't want to elaborate too much.. But while were at it! Get my free eBook Below.... - Plug :)

7. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

Hi! Here's a few ways of getting reviews for your book:
    • Get some reviews from book bloggers. The thing that you have to take note is that the demand for reviewing books is quite high. You would also need to search for book bloggers within your book's genre. Remember to engage in these communities and don't just ask for reviews. You need to pitch the book idea to them in a convincing way, but don't force them into reviewing your book as well.
    • Find the top book reviewers in Amazon. You can try pitching in your book to them but always check if your book's genre is fit to their reviewed books. Again, you have to build a relationship and not just ask for a review. Research if these reviewers accept emails from strangers as well.
    • Giving away your book in Goodreads and other platforms. This can generate great feedback on your book and at the same time, spread the word about your book.
    I hope this helps!

8. Corazon

Corazon Member

Like what @Goldstandard89 said, I would also suggest that you need to hire people to review your book. An editor charges high so you can settle for forum members who are willing to do it for you for a lower cost. All you need to do is check on the forum posts and select the ones who you think are good writers - they probably are good readers and with good opinion. There's no such thing as free lunch, remember that.

9. ruener79

ruener79 Member

Join a community that tackles the topic of your e-book. Engage in that community; offer tips / reply to comments etc. Be an active useful member of that community. When you have established a sense of community with the others there, then you could ask them for a favor to review your e-book.
    Sharing your e-book online can be risky. Why don't you ask a friend, a close relative, family member to help you with your review needs. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help out. Being close to you, they can practically say the BAD things that your e-book might need compared to just hiring someone to do it.

10. Valerie

Valerie Member

Others have already it, but you're going to want people in the same field of the book you're writing to review it. The more credible sources you have reading and acknowledging your work, the more success you'll have with selling it.

Since I'm a fitness professional, I don't mind reviewing your book for free. Honestly. Or you can find me on Fiverr. Others on Fiverr can also review your book. Authors do this kind of thing all the time. They send out rough drafts to the publishes, and the editors send those books/articles (I forget what they're called) out to trusted sources for reviews.

Paypal will be your best bet for setting up online transactions. It's available almost anywhere, and everyone can use it without issues most of the time.

Deni Dzoja likes this.
  11. Deni Dzoja

Deni Dzoja Member

Thanks for all the advice guys - I really appreciate it. @Valerie, I'll be sending you a message in a day or two to get you a review copy sent, thanks. If anyone else here is into fitness or self-help and they want to review my book for free, let me know!

12. Valerie

Valerie Member

@Deni Dzoja, you're very welcome. More than happy to give support to a fellow in fitness. I'm looking forward to reading it :)

Deni Dzoja likes this.
  13. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Member

You should contact blogs that specifically write about sports, health and fitness. They can review it on their blog for a fee and post the review on their blogs.

Deni Dzoja likes this.
  14. Deni Dzoja

Deni Dzoja Member

I'd much rather just give review copies out to people who are actually interested in reading the book and perhaps learning from it :p. I don't need people to post reviews on their blog, I just need some real reviews and testimonials for my sales page.

15. G4LJW

G4LJW Member

For payment, I agree that Paypal is a good option, simply because most people are familiar with it and trust it. I would suggest setting up an alternative like Payza or Payeer, just because it's nice to give people an option.

As to book reviews, I think that's mostly been covered, though I was wondering if you have got anyone to proofread the text. That's a service I can offer if you're interested. Hope it all goes well with your book anyway,

cheers,

Jon.

VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  16. Deni Dzoja

Deni Dzoja Member

@G4LJW if you're interested in reviewing my book I can get it to you. I'm just trying to find people who are actually interested in fitness so it's like a quid pro quo arrangement. They get the book and I get a review.

Thanks for the help

17. G4LJW

G4LJW Member

Yes, I'd be interested in reviewing it whenever you can get it to me,

cheers,

Jon.

Deni Dzoja likes this.
  18. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

Okay, first things first things first.

Do you plan to sell just an ebook, or will you have a course with videos?

How do you plan to market the ebook.

How many pages and how many words per page?

Do you have a professional made cover?

The best way to sell this type of product is probably Amazon or Clickbank. The way these types of books get traction is through affiliate sales.

Deni Dzoja likes this.
  19. Deni Dzoja

Deni Dzoja Member

@T J Tutor Right now it's just an e-book and it will be around 150 pages (50,000 words total). Yeah i'm definitely going to be going the affiliate route. I'm going to make a little video and sales page, and then getting affiliates. I have no idea how to market a book so if you help me out that would be great.

@Valerie I sent you a message so please check your inbox - I need your e-mail so I can send your review copy.

20. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

I would recommend Clickbank, maybe JVZoo, etc. Make sure the videos are HQ.

Deni Dzoja likes this.