BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Adam Sw

Adam Sw Entrepreneur

Hello everyone!

I was wondering how I would be able to drive more traffic to our site using SEO methods. I am marketing for a service exchange site where users can barter or purchase their or other users services. I've been reading that content is king, so having a blog and writing articles are a must, but would this be essential for the type of website that we have?

I've recently started with signing up to forums and participating in discussions, whether they be questions, suggestions, or previous experiences, but is there anything else that I should be tackling? I'm at somewhat of a stand still. Am I approaching this situation correctly or should i take another avenue?

Thanks for the help in advance!

-Adam

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

SEO isn't going to be as efficient as paid traffic. None of us can afford to ignore SEO, but let's face it, there is only so much room on the first page or two of the SE's.

Paid traffic through social media is a must these days, especially if promoting a brand. I hope you have branded your platform. There are dozens of social platforms now. I suggest you build a presence on at least three to start. Build up your content, post it regularly, frequently, so people get accustomed to seeing your company name/brand. At the same time, start learning to properly take advantage of their paid advertising platforms. Learn to create awesome ads, creatives, landing pages (can be outsourced), and write great copy.

It's marketing, you have to build funnels from other sources like Facebook, LinkedIn, etc., to start generating traffic.

Everything is social these days.

Ardarweb and Adam Sw like this.
  3. bob1978

bob1978 Entrepreneur

Close to being essential, yes. Lots of folks will probably be wondering how they can even begin bartering with others. They'll wonder about unspoken rules, faux pas, guidelines, things to watch out for, what to do if shit hits the fan, and so on. Would they need contracts? Is money ever exchanged? Is it free? Articles can help in that regard. Don't think of blog articles as some way to advertise the site. They can be so much more. Many use them to teach and guide their users on their service. So do the same. They can work both as guides for your userbase, and as a means to advertise. Other blogs and forums will probably link to a few of them, more as general guidelines that can be used anywhere. But in so doing, drive traffic to your site, and some might even decide to use your service instead (if it provides an easier way to exchange services).

Adam Sw likes this.
  4. Adam Sw

Adam Sw Entrepreneur

@bob1978

This is a fantastic suggestion. I really didn't think about blogs being informative about our general guidelines, etc.. That is definitely something that I will be jumping on asap.

To answer your questions:
    • There would be a need for contracts, but we are currently in the process of taking care of those for the users.
    • Money is sometimes exchanged, but we are trying to give the option of service or paid exchanges. (ex: If George is looking for someone to develop a website for his new accounting firm, and Tim is looking for some sort of accounting and has web development experience - we would match them and they would choose to either swaaaap (sorry for the cheese pun) services or determine whether they would like payment instead.
    • This website is completely free to join. We really want to build networks between individuals/businesses and to aid in potential employment, side contracts, etc..
    Thanks again for the suggestion!

5. Ardarweb

Ardarweb Entrepreneur

Ethical organic SEO can be accomplished by improving the content quite often. Most people is talking about the content, why not me? Without a doubt, trendy content will consistently receive traffic and great tune your bartering platform. At this time, talented Seos use tools to evaluate Seo concerns off-page and on-page. Yet, Tiny Ranker Seo tools help in SEO rankings. And also, It is a hard work which you need to do in an effort to rank on top.

6. moneytalks

moneytalks Entrepreneur

Adam,

SEO takes months and even years in some cases, so if you're in need of a quick fix, I would suggest Adwords, Facebook Ads, etc.

However, SEO ranks improve with dynamic content that you own. So, a blog would be great about bartering, related topics, general announcements, etc. But the most important part of the whole thing is to make sure that you are creating the content and not plagiarizing. SEO takes a lot of time and it's almost a job you have to do daily. Create new content on the site a few times a week and you're good to go!

Also, don't forget how helpful social media can be with SEO. All of those Facebook and Twitter posts are fair game to be indexed!