BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How to start producing.

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by James Fresh, Mar 20, 2016.

Share This Page

1. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

So i got this idea for a beverage, but i have NO Idea how i go forward in finding a producer for bottles.. Who can design, and produce the bottles.. Can i bottle my beverage at home. do i need a professional facility or what?

T J Tutor likes this.

2. jona

jona Entrepreneur

Food and beverages are a tricky endeavor, because it is, and rightly so, a heavily regulated business. You don't need a "professional" facility in itself, what you need is to pass and inspection that will depend on the laws of your state when it comes to preparing and distributing food. So, first, you need to clear all legal aspects with a layer first. The process is probably similar of what you would have to do if you were to open a restaurant. You can also rent facilities like restaurant kitchens after business hours.

Next, you should be looking into trademarking your beverage, logo and name, and you need an LLC, because, if somebody gets sick because they drank your thing you could be sued into oblivion.

I am not discouraging you, what you are planning is possible, a lot of people sell stuff like home made hot sauce for instance, but you need to clear the legal aspects first, then worry about the bottles.

3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

The first thing you need to do is establish a Sole Proprietor or a Corporation of some type. Do not do this as an individual, too much liability in this type business.

Once you've established legal credentials for the business, find a rentable commercial kitchen to make a limited run of the product and present for tasting to several focus groups. Make sure they are made of of a general pool of people representing all ages and stations (lower class, middle class, upper class). Once the initial findings are in, you can then begin to have an idea about who your ideal target audience is for the product.

When you have these established and your recipe is ironed out, you should then look for a strategic partner in the industry to help you put the pieces together and get to market.