BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Has There Been Something You Have Wanted To Raise A Great Cause For But Didn't Know How? =

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%

Share This Page

1. John Dailey

John Dailey Entrepreneur

I'm currently seeking a way to make some twitter posts go viral. The reason behind this, I own an Environmental Business and I'm currently in Rowlett,Tx a city widely effected by a EFP-4 Tornado. The damage is significant and thousands of people are hurting due to it. I have multiple reasons why i think this is happening the way it is (Politics) But thats not important. Whats important is spreading a good cause to get these people funds they need by Federal and State government officials that are supposed to be providing. They have a temporarily landfill where HAZARDOUS MATERIAL is going right behind an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. Here is my Twitter-@Answers4Dallas1

Open to all suggestions!

2. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

One way to make a Twitter go viral is to search for related topics and post on most trending. By that , you are able to reach more audience online, real time

3. ctfranklin28

ctfranklin28 Entrepreneur

The short answer is that you can't. You don't control anything that goes on in people's heads. There are some common elements to viral content: simple message, humor, unique, etc. These things, however, can't be manufactured on a consistent basis because of the inconsistency of humanity. As an example, think of cute cat videos. For a while, this was seen as the key to viral success. Let's say a business decides to do that for a while. Eventually, the content creators or the audience will burn out, no matter how creative or cute the kittens are.

Your best is to create lots of content that pass your own filter (1. Is it good? 2. Is it worthwhile? 3. Is it relevant?) and your understanding of the audience you are pitching to.

Corazon and T J Tutor like this.
  4. eProject

eProject Entrepreneur

Consider having an original and unique content through many social media platforms, not only one. You can also use ad programs such as Adwords and Facebook ad program to promote your campaign. Remember to add daily photos and short videos to accompany your content.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

To make a post viral, it needs to be controversial. If you can think about something that can spark people's attention, I'm sure your post will go viral. Like:

1. Making the kids hold up signs saying they don't want those hazardous wastes near their school.

2. Creating a video about this incident and making it controversial by getting nearby residents' opinion about it.

Such things can help you create that viral topic you want to make. Of course, it still depends on whether the people will get hyped into what you're doing. Good luck!

6. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

I have a couple of pages on FB that have gained popularity without much effort. One of them is about stopping abuse related to women. Its an important cause. When I ran an ad on FB for it, a ton of people joined. It was something like 500 people joining the group per day!

You should try something like that, mainly because a Facebook page can have multiple tabs - like mine has an about us page, a sign up form tab, etc. Also, twitter feeds rush past you even if you are trying to look for something. On the other hand, FB pages will create just the right kind relationship between you and other people.

Just my 2 cents.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

Well I would think that the most obvious factor would be to have something that is worthwhile and that people will flock to. I guess those two are often not one in the same, though, so you can really pick whichever one floats your boat there. It is all about exposure, so anyway that you can increase that will increase your chances of it catching on with a big crowd of people.

8. starguy197

starguy197 Entrepreneur

To make something viral I think you would need to create something that would be controversial or something that would get people to talk. Basically something that would have a long lifetime. You could also promote it on several social medias, such as Facebook and Twitter.

9. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

I agree that you have no control of the minds of the people and all we can do is guess why they would share our posts. My husband is at present studying that phenomenon in social media. Why do people share a photo of a mountain boy carrying a basket of carrots? And that guy is now a sort of celebrity who was even interviewed on tv. Looking closer, there's nothing unusual with that guy except his pretty face maybe. Perhaps we can just try to be as creative as we can and hope to post something that will go viral someday.

10. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

I don't think there is one simple way to make it go viral especially if it's just twitter posts because if it were that simple then a lot more would have success with it. There are some ways you can help it along though such as getting someone popular to notice or reply to your post, usually by being controversial or even confrontational, but if you are trying to keep the company in good standing with the public then it might be a difficult thing to balance. Sometimes being respectful yet controversial can be done and it can get a bit viral that way but I think the ones that float to the top most are usually extremes.

11. Eqserver

Eqserver Entrepreneur

If your target your niche then it's important to know how many audience you can reach through twitter. You don't need to post some sensitive issue or funny thing, you just need to understand your niche audience, their requirements, what they actually interested. First share it through your followers. your followers will make your post viral if it is really tacky.

12. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Create a website for your campaign (even a free website will work), develop contents and share the content on twitter, ask your followers to retweet. You can also start a paid campaign

13. jona

jona Entrepreneur

I don't think that you should approach this the way you are doing it. If people are hurting and they need help I believe that you should be contacting news outlets, perhaps even some socially conscious celebrities that could endorse your cause somehow via social media. Try to reach out to them, perhaps some will respond and help you with a re tweet or something like that, that will reach a larger audience.

14. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

I would like to add to my previous answer since I learned a bit more about virality.

The key to making anything go viral is to make sure that people have an incentive to share your post on social media. For example, everytime they share a story about someone, they may get a few likes, or comments. This is an incentive. They may also receive appreciation. These are intanglible incentives that make virality such an interesting concept.

So, make sure that whatever you do, your posts/campaign content should try to let people add others to the campaign offering incentives sort of like a lot of network marketing programs do.

15. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

Роsitivе uрlifting соntеnt аlwаys gеts shаrеd. Rеmеmbеr, thеrе’s а lоt оf unhаррy реорlе in thе wоrld, аnd whilе thеrе аrе diffеrеnt rеаsоns fоr bеing unhаррy, соntеnt thаt is uрlifting аnd insрirаtiоnаl hеlрs реорlе gеt оut оf thеir rut… еvеn if it’s оnly fоr а fеw sесоnds.

Hоwеvеr, in my орiniоn, if yоu’rе lооking tо gеnеrаtе trаffiс fоr businеss рurроsеs, yоu’rе bеttеr оff fосusing оn рrасtiсаlly usеful соntеnt thаt асtivаtеs high аrоusаl еmоtiоns.

16. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

There are always patterns that people are likely to follow. People always like the occasional funny video (funny animals, people's fails and the like), those always get over a few thousand views.

17. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

A good method is to post an exaggerated tweet. Its not the post or tweet that would be flagged by Twitter authorities but using a punchy opening line that is more figurative like 'Earthquake hits Rowlette' and them post a link to an article you have written elsewhere for more details. Most people are not sticklers for detail and will retweet it widely. Of course, a good number will read your article on the real situation on the ground.

18. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

A good method is to post an exaggerated tweet. Its not the post or tweet that would be flagged by Twitter authorities but using a punchy opening line that is more figurative like 'Earthquake hits Rowlette' and them post a link to an article you have written elsewhere for more details. Most people are not sticklers for detail and will retweet it widely in an attempt to shore up their accounts. Of course, a good number will read your article on the real situation on the ground.