BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Finished

Finished Entrepreneur

If you had to start from nothing in the affiliate industry and were a newbie like me how would you go about getting started?

2. ianternet

ianternet Entrepreneur

get an affiliate manager that will help you grow that is how it worked with me. an affiliate manager that have vested interest in you. THE ONLY THING I suggest form this is that you have to do work, dont ask the affiliate manager how to create a tracking link or what to test on the landing page. This stuff you have to do and research. Having a mentor or someone who have a vested interest is the best person to work with. even having a mentor to start BUT again you have to work and utilize the manager where you get the 20% to produce 80% - the affiliate manager can not be annoyed by continous basic questions they are their to help you make money not create landing page. so that is important.

other ways is to test everything, before i had an affiliate manager i did everything on my own failing and testing on 50$ spends and seeing what i was getting.

3. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

in my opinion you should learn it from the basics and learn the methods and slowly go into it

ianternet likes this.
  4. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

I once got interested with this and did some research. Eventually I joined some forums that specialize in it, but years later I came to realize that people there were pretty much just shilling their ebooks and no real advice was being given out. I don't have much advice on what you can do to get started aside from the usual tips of making a good site and putting in the work to review products or putting in affiliate links, but in would say that you should stay away from forums that nest hundreds of "gurus" more eager to sell you their book rather than actually giving helpful advice.

Ladyferoz likes this.
  5. ianternet

ianternet Entrepreneur

buy my free ebook!

6. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I would love to make $500 dollars per month that everyone seems to make per day with affiliate marketing. I got turned off by the amount of money I had to pay for advice, it seemed like, once people made their first $100 they became self-proclaimed authors and gurus. Sigh, it sounds all like a scam. If I ever make money without spending money I would definitely tell others, but in my opinion, affiliate marketing is just another word for self-promotion.

7. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

To be fair, I don't think all of them are scams but the structure is definitely suspicious since in this type of business you're usually better off keeping your secrets to yourself if they indeed do work, I am guessing, so the ones asking for money I have always assumed have more to gain from what they make off of the books rather than the tactic they are selling. I have come across some free ebooks that give out a few basic tactics and a few secrets too but by the time you get to it chances are too many people are already employing the tactic for it to be effective.

Ladyferoz likes this.
  8. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

You are right. Maybe the secret to affiliate marketing is publishing your own books. I am kidding, I will eventually try it, but I do not have the time to invest in it yet. It definitely is not a passive job.

9. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

Mоst аffiliаtе mаrkеtеrs сhооsе а niсhе, оr аrеа оf spесiаlizаtiоn. Bеfоrе yоu bеgin mаrkеting prоduсts оr sеrviсеs, yоu'll nееd tо find аn аrеа yоu саn еаsily wоrk within tо аdvеrtisе.

Yоur niсhе dоеsn't nесеssаrily nееd tо bе аn аrеа yоu'rе аlrеаdy аn еxpеrt in. Yоu саn аlsо сhооsе а spесiаlizеd аrеа whiсh yоu'rе еnthusiаstiс оr intеrеstеd in lеаrning mоrе аbоut.

Thе initiаl stаrtup wоrk саn bе vеry intеnsivе, sо it's impоrtаnt tо сhооsе а niсhе in whiсh yоu wоn't mind wоrking fоr prоlоngеd pеriоds. This саn hеlp sеt yоu up fоr suссеss аs yоu gеt yоur nеw саrееr оff thе grоund

10. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

You are trying to recruit and it is obvious. If you have actionable information, then share it with the community instead of taking members off site.

11. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Read and learn through extensive reading in our AffiliateFix community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
    Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
    Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
    You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
    This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
    2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
    3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
    2. Select a vertical
    3. Select a tracker
    4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
    5. Select a traffic source
    6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
    7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
    8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

[​IMG]

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

12. inntegrity101

inntegrity101 Entrepreneur

I've read all the great advice provided on this thread but it is all just "advice" not a practical step by step method of making it as an affiliate marketer. I was hoping to read something in the lines of "sign up at this site...create a nice landing page this way...get thousands of free buyer traffic here...etc."

13. scaleclack

scaleclack Entrepreneur

Amazon has an affiliates program. Since they have a wide range of products they are a good choice if you ever want to go with affiliate marketing.
    You should pick a niche you like and are comfortable writing about and then promote some products related to your article and niche. Product reviews are great too.

14. terryse

terryse Entrepreneur

Being an affiliate is a better start and easier than creating your own product to market and sell. As an affiliate, you're focused on promoting other people's products so choose those that has people already buying or has a market.

15. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I believe that is what @T J Tutor gave you in his post. Everything you need, all the tools, to begin.

Also, you have to learn the basics or it just plain is not going to work for you. And the best way to learn (and remember and improve) is to actually do it. Experience is always the best teacher.

I understand the wanting of very specific steps, every newbie does. I think what we fail to realize is that those steps involve steps, sometimes. That's what often messes people up. For example, you might pick a tracker (critically important, by the way), only to discover that you don't know how to set it up or format your links. That's where a supportive community you can go to for help is vital.

There's a learning curve that you can't escape, no one can if they want to be a successful IMer. And don't be fooled by anyone who promises you that it's one-button-easy. It's not. It is work and it is a business.

You are an entrepreneur when you become an independent marketer. In charge of your own destiny. I don't know about you but I really like the sound of that. :)

Feel free to look for any of EFix's mods on AffiliateFix.com. We hang out there, too. As do more than 30,000 other marketers. We'd be happy to have you join us. :) And it's free.