BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Zuckerberg Jr

Zuckerberg Jr Member

Hi
    New ideas are most important for starting with new as well as existing businesses. My question is how you personally generate new ideas ? For me I used to read daily news paper, follow some business journals, discuss various topics with my friends as well as my competitors.

2. Dandelion

Dandelion Member

You can also gather knowledge by joining some forums, attend seminars and use Galerts for filling up your inbox. You can also visit different countries and follow the markets to enhance your knowledge.

3. Twista Tom

Twista Tom Member

In order to generating new ideas, I always find out what most of the people are facing problem right now. And think how to get rid of this problem.

4. Thomas Hale

Thomas Hale Member

I think this is the great way to discover any innovative idea which will bring you huge profit. I like it

5. Sebastian Fisher

Sebastian Fisher Member

Usually I visit new countries or city for that.

6. Patrick Brennan

Patrick Brennan Member

I normally join the different club to met different people, discuss and learn new ideas.

7. Game Changer

Game Changer Member

Bassically newspaper helps me a lot to generate new ideas as well as online networks.

8. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Member

Forums and blogs in the niche I am at in the moment.

9. Bev

Bev Member

Great answers, enjoying this

10. Roy Roger

Roy Roger Member

Face new problem everyday, Meet new people, participate in different forums and social networking groups, try to master in your job, try to do smart work instead of hard work.

11. It's a big game of connect the dots. You need to know what kind of problems are out there, even the small ones. Personally, I just start with anything that's bothering me and check around to see if more people share the complaint. You also need to know what kind of resources are available, especially online. Then, ask "what if there was a tool available that did..." and check around to see if it exists. If it does not exist, find out what it would take (costs, learning curve, etc). If it seems like a profitable venture, tell me all about it (this is the most important step).

12. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Thats great advice, I often have a good idea simply by thinking 'Wouldn't life be easier if there was someone who did this', its a great way to see what untapped markets there are. You're absolutely right about resources, theres often something available that can help our plans come to fruition, thats perfectly suited to our needs, but we're unaware of it, especially, as you say, online. I've probably learned about more useful resources in the last year of trying to build up some online brands than I would ever have believed possible. I can't imagine how I would survive without some of the software tools I have, none of which incidentally have ever cost me a penny.

13. Jade

Jade Member

Ultimately, I try starting anything I can. If I see mid-way through it's not profitable scrap it.

14. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

There are a lot of ways for you to generate new ideas, but one of the best and most effective ways is through reading. If you are a wide reader, you will come across different topics that would somehow spark interest in you or would give you some sort of inspiration.

15. Michael007

Michael007 Member

Most of the business ideas have gotten so far are always gotten from discussing with friends. My first business idea evolved from a group discussion I had with some friends who came to visit me. Someone brought up a topic about what business could sell around our neighbourhood and we kept giving different ideas, and someone brought up an idea and deep down I knew that was going to sell. We all left forgot about it but I thought about it all night and in less than one month i started the business and it was a success until I sold it out.

My 2nd business idea also came from a friend who knew I liked business.he took me to a neighborhood and asked what do I think could sell around there. I started talking with d residents around and we came up with a business idea for a beauty salon which is about 3 years old and still running till date.
    The funny thing is that I knew nothing about all this businesses but immediately I told myself I want to do I talk with experts in this fields they tend to help me out with how to get started.

Sorry for the long story

16. Ham Hic

Ham Hic Member

you can generate new ideas from:
    - Forums
    - Blogs
    - Newspaper
    - POSITIVE PEOPLE

17. arthnel

arthnel Member

I also think you have to be part of most if not every little thing. It's good to have a mind that wonders and wanders. Even if you don't question things out loud it's good to ask yourself things like what would you do differently or how would you handle that. It does not have to be an answer that beats what's already out there; it just serves the purpose of keeping your mind in the mode of problem solving. So I watch a wide range of movies and educational and news programs. I also read very widely from historic books right up most recent and interesting authors.

18. xeylonfm

xeylonfm Member

The ability to generate new ideas is very important otherwise you shall be screeching to a halt in everything you do. The human mind comes alive, healthy and vibrant when it is challenged in a healthy manner, a challenge that would not torment the brain and deride it of its honor and not a challenge that would make it “falsely” feel superior. The reason you need a healthy mind is to keep your innovation horned and always up for any task that comes your way. People who dedicate time to jog their mind always have new ideas flowing with little effort. So it’s a science that only few manage to take good hold of. Now the big question still lingers, “how do you generate new ideas?” First you will need a very healthy lifestyle that appreciates activities and exercises (physical and mental). Secondly you will need to walk away from the mundane sort of lifestyle you currently live. Find to visit new places, chat different people, watch new movies and listen to new music genres, and even challenge yourself with a new language. Why all this? Because you need to widen the horizon that your mind is accustomed to. You need to stretch it to new heights. The third point is to keep a routine of research. Research exposes you to new information which provides the building blocks to new ideas. I know not so many people can keep to this regimen but the few who make the sacrifices, are always very different people from their peers. This is the way new ideas would come flowing into your mind with little effort.

19. arthnel

arthnel Member

I think when it comes to new ideas you just have to keep moving and keep your mind moving also. Most, if not everything, is done for the main purpose of making something easier than before. Convenience is what drives innovation. Everything done is for advancement is done for greater convenience of anyone using the resulting product or service. So being familiar with what is available and what is accessible to which markets gives our minds clues as to how we can provide even greater convenience. Our mind is very independent in its work; give it task to work on and it will always be seeking a solution for the problem.

20. 111kg

111kg Member

A lot of people think that they have to generate a brand new business idea in order to make it, which is 100% false in my humble experience. Instead of trying to come up with a new idea, why don't people focus on trying to improve certain products or services? Yeah, I know it, it's not sexy, but in entrepreneurship nowadays, the only thing that matters is how tasks are executed.

Just like ET used to say, "execution is worshipped". People can still make a lot of money in classic businesses if they study their competitors and offer something better than them. It doesn't have to be a new product or service, all that matters is to make it better.