BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. NickS

NickS Entrepreneur

I am passionate about starting a brand that sells high quality, bottled cocktails to bars and through liquor stores.

Having trouble finding how to work with a distillery to bulk order liquor from them to use in the cocktails.

Any other licensing requirements anyone is aware of? Alcohol is always tricky and closely regulated, but all of the information I have found is conflicting so far.

2. TobiasW

TobiasW Entrepreneur

Nice idea NickS.
    You could try asking one of the entrepreneurs already selling newly created and branded drinks, but not in an area that competes with you directly. I've read recently about companies that are making and supplying flavoured gins and vodkas and it could be that small companies would be more interested in working with you than big ones. If you think about it, if you were already in business and someone asked you for your advice, you'd be glad to give it, wouldn't you? What country are you in? There may be a business enterprise service that could give you guidance too.
    Have a look at www.toffoc.com/ and Penderyn Distillery | The home of Welsh Whisky

3. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

It really depends of your location, honestly. It's not point to get the lowest price for a seller that's 2000 km away, because the shipping taxes will be huge, and you'd have to invest a lot to actually be able to make some profit.

As for the regulations, without knowing your location, we can not say something else than the general rules of selling/distributing alcohol.