BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How often do you drink caffeine?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by swalia, Jan 31, 2016.

Share This Page

1. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

I used to drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day when I decided to quit coffee. I t has been almost four months now and I haven't had a single sip of coffee. I had quit drinking tea in 2008. Nowadays I drink only green tea.

setupdisc likes this.

2. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

Oh god, I drink it in a daily basis, 2-3 cups of coffee plus one canned coke. I love coffee. I don't think I drink an excessive amount of caffeine, but I'd like to reduce it a bit (some day).

3. joshua byrne

joshua byrne Entrepreneur

Wow 4-5 cups of coffee a day that's insane, it's a good thing you stopped that habit. But anyways I normally drink about 1 to 2 cups of coffee a week and I don't really drink tea often maybe like once a month. But I do really like caffeine for the boost it can give, I typically drink coffee when I'm tired but I need to be awake, I try to avoid drinking coffee for the taste as hard as that is.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Not that much. I only drink coffee twice a day, one is during breakfast, and the other is in the afternoon, when I am all done and tired from online work.

5. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Drinking 4-5 cups of coffee per day is not really an issue, especially if we talk about espressos, mainly because they don't have that much caffeine at all. I know this because I work in a coffee shop and have to research a lot about coffee in order to give my best to my customers.

6. joshua byrne

joshua byrne Entrepreneur

It depends on what you consider 4 to 5 cups because if its large coffee mugs then 4-5 is way too much although what your saying makes sense because your talking about much smaller serving sizes and beverages with less caffeine.

7. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

It also depends on the concentration of coffee per mug. If you like it too loaded, it may be an issue :).

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  8. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

Only when I need to. I used to drink it more frequently, but I noticed that despite it being a useful tool to help me stay awake to complete projects or get other work done that I needed to, it made my sleeping habits irregular and the quality of my rest less than what I needed over time. Every now and then I still drink coffee, energy drinks, or a drink that has some kind of caffeine in it, but rarely. Instead, I opt for more natural energy sources to get closer to the same pick-me-up, but without the hard crash that always comes after a caffeine rush. I try to do that now instead of caffeine unless I really need to.

9. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

I never thought I would be able to quit coffee. But I successfully quit the habit and I don't crave for it anymore. I am glad that I kicked the caffeine intake. I now drink herbal and green tea which is without caffeine and it is said to be immunity booster and stress reliever.

10. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I am really surprised to learn that people consider 4-5 cups of coffee too much. I drink 8-109 cups every day and still I don't think it is an addiction. I don't have any problem with coffee.

11. sar777

sar777 Entrepreneur

I used to never or very rarely drink coffee, but about 6 years ago I started drinking it more often. Now typically only a cup a day, sometimes two but never more than that. And I've managed to eliminate soda pretty much as well. During the week is usually a cup in the morning, weekend I might only get through have a cup.

12. Audie Kiev

Audie Kiev Entrepreneur

I usually don't. Which probably would explain why I have been getting exhausted so easily recently... But, as of now, I don't. I never really had a need for it. I mean, I have drank coffee and energy drinks before but usually they weren't for the energy but the taste. Now that I think about it, I used to take five hour energies a while back in the morning.