BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. K

K Entrepreneur

on average how many hours a day do you work on your business?

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

I do so full time but times 2.

3. Marz

Marz Entrepreneur

Far to many when not looking after the kids or family around 14

4. Desmond

Desmond Entrepreneur

About 4 hours after my daytime job.

5. Andy

Andy Entrepreneur

Varies from day to day but anywhere from 2 to 15ish.

6. Luke

Luke Business Owner Entrepreneur

I spend about 8 hours a day on PeerFly and another 2-3 on my projects (most of the time).

7. Brian

Brian Entrepreneur

Typically 3-5 hours in the morning to complete my to-do list for the day.
    I try not to, but sometimes I find myself doing another 3 hours (on and off) in the afternoon.

8. OnTrial

OnTrial Entrepreneur

Usually between 8-10

9. Deon Christie

Deon Christie Entrepreneur

I'm a night owl, so I have to go with 7-9 Hours. Not counting my day-job in our family business.

Waqass Khalid likes this.
  10. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

10 to 12 typically. I could have a 60 hour week or a 100 hour week. Because I work as an independent consultant most of the time, I seem to have business dictate its need for my presence. I do make time for isolation from my business every week. I can tell you that when you schedule personal time, it is critical to keep it personal and separated from business as much as possible. Your personal well being physically, emotionally, spiritually, and psychologically are of utmost importance.

K likes this.
  11. K

K Entrepreneur

What sort of thing do you consult for TJ?

12. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

After the Real Estate and Financial Market Crashes of '08 & '09, I lost everything (and I mean everything). My portfolio was 50% leveraged at that time and when the shit hit the fan I had call backs made on my leveraged assets. It wiped me out to the point where I couldn't even continue my real estate practice. So, I went back to a skill I had in Vegas when I was formulating and funding start-ups. Instead of start-ups, I began consulting for the two most powerful Realtors in the Central New York area. I formulated a new business platform for them and a new marketing platform. I've had to rely on this since the crash to pay the bills and to pay down some of my losses from the crash. I've got another $85k to go before I reach 0.

My heart isn't in it like it was in Vegas. Out there I had resources and never had to worry about money, not for myself or for the projects I represented. Now I am struggling in my own ventures today online because I can't fund them in the fashion I would like, therefore I am using my consulting measures with two exclusive Realtors to rebuild my war chest to where I can comfortably put myself in position with this online thing we do. I am active with my online pursuits, they simply don't develop significantly as they are underfunded.

I do have a couple of other consulting contracts with past clients from Vegas as well. I earn high 5's a year at present, but it goes out quicker than it comes in still to this date, some six years after the crash. Up until the crash, I had loads of resources financially. Since the crash those resources have become very limited. I'm not in my comfort zone when I don't have at least mid sixes liquid.

I am sixty one now. I have had extremely high highs and extremely low lows several times each over that time. This is the first time I wasn't able to resurrect myself within a year or two.

I'll never give up, I will find my path once again!

Angel, dong, augustinus and 1 other person like this.
  13. K

K Entrepreneur

Awesome man, I know you'll get back on your feet! We have lots to learn from you.

T J Tutor likes this.
  14. augustinus

augustinus Entrepreneur

8 hours day job and another 2 to 4 hours on my projects

15. treebark

treebark Entrepreneur

A lot less than I should. I have two projects that I need to complete.

K likes this.
  16. K

K Entrepreneur

Forget one, complete the most important first - set a deadline and stick to it!

dong and Brian like this.
  17. Alex Lee

Alex Lee Entrepreneur

Most of the time i wake up on my keyboard so not really sure how long i work but i'm up at max 9 and then when ever i knock off, might be 00 to 3 some times more in the morning.

18. dong

dong Entrepreneur

I have the same question"A lot less than I should. ", if i wanna to get success, K said right "set a deadline and stick to it!".
    Thx

K likes this.
  19. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

For me it depends on how many things I have running and at what points they are at, before I started selling on ebay I would do 20 hour days of pure research, finding products evaluating them against the current market and so on until I found something with margins I could work with, once I started selling I worked on an on call bassis, no matter what time it was if you emailed me, you got an email back within 30 mins, it didnt mater if i was sleeping when you emailed, I would get up look into the issue you had let you know what i found and go back to bed, for me this was perfect as I never had a build up of work so felt like I was never working even though the reality is I was working 24/7/365.

When I started to learn about marketing it was the same thing, 20-36 hours at a time, sometimes until I litrally fell alseep on my keybored. Now that I have a better understanding, I do 8 hours tech support and then 6 hours with what ever else I am running.

Right now I am doing marketing, getting my web and graphic design portfolio back up ready to take up work from freelancer and o desk when my current tech support role ends, and working on a project that is pretty exciting but I am keeping underwraps until I finish the testing, at which point I'll upload a case study.

Patrick Brennan likes this.
  20. Patrick Brennan

Patrick Brennan Entrepreneur

This is really inspirational. I am lazy ass. Only spending 2 to 3 hours for actual work. Most of the spending my time doing nothing.

jc banks and Waqass Khalid like this.