BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Slique

Slique Entrepreneur

Everyone handles their situations differently when obstacles arise. I want to know how you stay on top of your game and keep focus of your goals?

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Enthusiasm! If you are not doing what you love, then you will never be 100% focused on what you do.

3. Slique

Slique Entrepreneur

I heard ya! That's so true because doing what you love helps to keep you grounded.

4. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

I agree to that. If you love what you are doing then you will always stay focused. But that always has some interruptions sometimes like when major problems hit us or when there is an emergency. In my job as a bank executive, it is sometimes difficult to focus because my responsibilities are varied and my day is mostly spent on meetings. But I try as much to be focused on what I am currently doing because I have no choice, it's my job.

Valerie likes this.
  5. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

At this point, I am taking Piracetam and lecitine to stay focused and be able to study and work more. I would take Adderall, but nobody risks to bring that in my country.

6. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

When I was still working in an Accounting firm I am always cited as one of the best employee of our company. I always goes to work early and had this time management that is why I always finished my work on time. I do not procrastinate so that I can focus better and be productive at work.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  7. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

I've felt this way a lot recently. "I have no choice, it's my job." I have to think that constantly, otherwise I'd get neck deep in fear and get unfocused. "This is the path I chose, so I have to keep moving forward," is another mantra I use to stay focused.

davide strina and Corazon like this.
  8. Novelangel

Novelangel Entrepreneur

Focus fades so easily... this is something I've noticed in my own entrepreneurial endeavors. If I don't have some sort of success at some point in the process, I will call it a day and move on to some other concept. This is not a great thing for me as you can probably guess. Success that happens early on in the process, however, makes me feel as though I can really do this and I will continue trying. The same goes for learning a new business routine. If the tasks seem insurmountable they probably will be. Attitude is everything with running your own business.

Slique likes this.
  9. Slique

Slique Entrepreneur

@Novelangel I understand clearly and I somewhat find those traits within myself. However, I like being challenged to some extent and will persevere through the task at hand but sometimes things seem a bit impassable. We have to remind our selves of the end goal and the great feeling it will give us knowing that we persevered and pushed on despite the many obstacles. That's right, attitude is everything.

10. davide strina

davide strina Entrepreneur

what do you do valerie?? In what business are you involved in?? thanks

11. jona

jona Entrepreneur

By having very well defined, short term and obtainable goals set for me all the time. Just like climbing a mountain if you think about the whole trip the thing becomes pretty overwhelming very fast, so you simple challenge yourself to see if you could make it to the top of that small hill first, then the next one and so on.

That's the power of the to do list, it makes long term goals manageable and allows you to stay focused since it should be easy to cross those items of, plus the feeling of accomplishment you get from crossing each item is very satisfying.

If you try to think now about where do you want to be in 10 years you will start to wander pretty quickly.

12. CheckTheNumbers

CheckTheNumbers Entrepreneur

I have the "get started" muscle. I just go. I start something, and then I start the next thing, and then I start the next thing. I'm good at starting, so I'm good at finishing. The focus is a byproduct of that.

13. Goldstandard89

Goldstandard89 Entrepreneur

I have four major stages that represent the things I want to do with my life. Right now, before the carpal tunnel kicks in, I want to publish and produce as much art, illustrations, and children's books as I can. That goal is my first stage because it's personal and fulfills a couple of things on my bucket list. My next stage is more complicated but will people around the world be safer in their personal lives. The third stage is what I want to do for the world and for sharks. And the last, when I'm comfortably wealthy from all my hard work, I want to build something for the future that will exist hopefully long after I'm dead. I'm sorry that this is vague but I'm in the process of getting the second and third patented and copyrighted, and the last one is iffy. But I keep in mind that I need to accomplish not only my personal goals but leave something that makes the world and society better for having me. Problems shrink and you can focus if you have a big perspective of what you want to accomplish.

14. inntegrity101

inntegrity101 Entrepreneur

Every task has some sort of reward at the end of it all. To stay focused, I always keep my eye (or mind) on the prize and the satisfaction I would get from accomplishing the task. Working under a conducive environment with as few distractions as possible also helps to keep you focused on your goal.