BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How Do You Stay Focused?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Marketer, Jan 29, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Marketer

Marketer Entrepreneur

It seems the older I get the harder it is to focus. Maybe I just have too many ideas and stimulation. I get excited about one thing and switch to another 'brilliant' idea before I do anything progressive on the first. I think for me writing each idea down and prioritizing helps the most but how do you overcome over activity of the brain?

2. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

Doing the priority tasks first definitely helps. I decide on completing one task first before switching on to other. I write my to-do list in the morning and do the tasks by the priority order.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I have a priority list, and I always try to follow it to keep me focused. I always stick to a plan, and I really make sure I have already accomplished one task first before going to another one.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Staying focused for me hasn't really been an issue for me goto now, as I actually enjoy working off a to do list, if that makes sense?

In the evening I write down things I need to do, things I need to resolve, and things I need to check for the following day, and simply working through the lists and ticking them off one by one keeps me motivated and focused.

A lot of people are the opposite and would rather deal with things as and when they come up, but we all have different ways of working, and we do what works best for us.

5. eProject

eProject Entrepreneur

You must have set goals if you want to stay focused. Always keep records of what had happened earlier. Avoid distractions and remain persistent. Never worry about losses. Always try to predict what will happen. Ask for advice on what you don't know.

6. FreelancingQueen

FreelancingQueen Entrepreneur

I could not function if I did not make a list of daily goals for myself. Sometimes the list is in my head and sometimes it is jotted down on a sticky note that is posted to my computer screen. I guess I just need a routine to stay focused.

7. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

There are couple of things that you need to understand in order to remain focused.
    Are there too many ideas on your head?
    Are you under some sort of crisis (financial, relationship etc.)
    Are there many people who are interfering you?
    Once you identify the root problem, you can help yourself.

8. terryse

terryse Entrepreneur

Making use of time management skills will allow you to prioritize your business ideas and assign a time to each as to how long it will take. Having too much to do and too little time to do it is one of the many reasons many people suffer from stress.

9. Audie Kiev

Audie Kiev Entrepreneur

I know how you feel! I personally bought a big dry-erase board from Walmart. Whenever I have a thought that I want to think further into, I put it on my white board. I take the idea apart as much as I deem fit. It was about $20.00 and I do not regret buying it!