BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

We all fail at some point and at various aspects of life. How do you cope with it? Does failure demotivate you enough to discard an idea or project, or the opposite? I look forward for your inputs :)

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

The secret to failure is to treat it as an asset. There is always value in failure, even when the pain of it is seemingly intolerable. I have many failures behind me, and I expect more to come. Some small, some very large, if you aren't experiencing failures then you aren't putting yourself out there to the degree required for true discoveries in your limits. You have to do this in order to stretch your limits to beyond your current limitations.

STRETCH

CoolSpot and Federico.Gimeno like this.
  3. ProxyRadar

ProxyRadar Entrepreneur

Failures make us stronger and wiser

4. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

I have trouble dealing with failure, I have to admit, as I usually take it too much to heart, but it try to combat it by just being aware that I should be as rational as possible and that being too emotional about these things won't do much for me other than to cloud my mind and judgement. Also, I try to remind myself that I learn a lot of things I otherwise would not have if I had succeeded and I just try and use that knowledge as tools for my next endeavors.

5. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

I liked this reply. The key is to find value even in the worst failures. Learn the lessons and keep going. Thanks!

T J Tutor likes this.
  6. joshua byrne

joshua byrne Entrepreneur

When I fail I try to identify why I failed and then simply don't let the mistake happen again, or if there was just a fluke that caused me to fail or something I couldn't control then it's best to just move on and not get discouraged.

CoolSpot likes this.
  7. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

The only true failure is one that you don't learn from, if you fail and just say screw it and don't go back and learn why you failed. If your failure teaches you a lesson then it's still a success in my book, it may not be the success you were looking for but you have achieved something that you didn't have before.

T J Tutor likes this.
  8. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Well Said!

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

It's quite frustrating to fail at something, but failures really don't stop me from pursuing my goals. It actually motivates me even more to work harder in achieving my goals/dreams in life. I just consider failures as part of the journey towards success.

10. eProject

eProject Entrepreneur

It is true that we can fail at one time but that does not mean that we should give up. We need to look for the causes of our failure and try to improve on that. We also need to do a lot of research so that we can predict about the markets. We are also supposed to look for advice from other entrepreneurs.

11. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

Failure is inevitable and must be done in order to get better and improve. My failures have made me who I am. I am a person who is not afraid of failure as long as I tried my hardest at whatever the task may be. We should not be afraid to fail....but disappointed if we never even tried. Never give up when you fail..just go harder and learn from your mistakes.

12. sar777

sar777 Entrepreneur

After you lick your wounds, cause you'll need at least one moment of self-pity at failing, be proactive. Take the time to look at why you failed, but also look at what was working and successful. Write it down - it's too easy to fall back into same routines and forget things that you did wrong. I find with a lot of my clients it's helpful for them to make the list of why they think they failed or succeeded, but then talk it through and we usually find things they missed.

Then get back up, craft a new plan with the information you have at hand, and you'll have a better outcome the second time around.

13. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

I do encountered failures in my life but that is not a reason for me to give up or to stop in pursuing my dreams or goals in life. But instead I treated those failures as a lesson learned which will be my guide not to do the same mistakes again. For every failure we will have we should learn how to stand up and to move on in our life for there are still many opportunities that will comes our way in our life journey in this world.

14. lmilic

lmilic Entrepreneur

Failure is just as much for human as wining is, no, wait, it is more than a win, because if you always win you wouldn't know anything new! Failure, is there totell you, you have done this wrong you done that wrong, failure is your greatest friend, but a friend that will hunt you forever if you don't accept him and learn from him

15. FreelancingQueen

FreelancingQueen Entrepreneur

I have had things not work out as I had planned, but I never really considered it to be failure. I just believe that I do what I do when I do it because that is what I am meant to be doing. If it turns out that something is short-lived, it was meant to only be a learning experience and I try to be positive about it. Life is too short to dwell on things that didn't work out. Find something good in the experience and move on to your next adventure.

16. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I have failed many times. When I fail, I don't go back to the same thing and attempt again or attempt differently.I give up and try other new things. For example, I once had a restaurant. The business failed. I did not work again with restaurant, I sold the paraphernalia and with the money I had I invested on dairy farm. If I fail on dairy, I will look for other avenues.

17. terryse

terryse Entrepreneur

When you define failure as the state of falling down and not getting back up, then it becomes a negative force to defeat but seen as a necessary step to success and you make the effort to learn from your mistakes, then you will never look at failure the same way again.

18. ruener79

ruener79 Entrepreneur

This question makes me remember a book I'm interested to buy called Leadership Pain by Dr. Sam Chand. Anyway, in the conference I attended, Dr. Sam Chand asked the audience if PAIN is necessary? Much like the question of pain, I concur with Dr. Chand that like pain, FAILURE is necessary. For me, whether we want FAILURE or not, it is something that we have to accept as necessary. It is only through failure, along with it pain, that we grow. So, to go into business and not expect failure to happen at some point, then you're bound for disillusionment and coping with it will prove difficult. With the mindset that failure is necessary, you build an attitude - a positive one, towards learning. When failure happens, you look at it from a perspective of the value it gives you (as mentioned by others here). You step back and study where things go wrong. Have the humility to accept if you made wrong decisions and learn from it. I think to see the value of failure is the best way to cope.

19. Trixen

Trixen Entrepreneur

I look at failure as a reference for my next move. Without failure, how will I know what's best? Failures taught me to be more patient and persevering. I see it as a challenge.

20. paulon

paulon Entrepreneur

I treat failure as a lesson. I've certainly had my fair share of failure over the years, but I've leaned to look for the lesson contained therein. True it's sometimes hard to go back over why you failed, but as painful as it is, it must be done. If we don't learn from our failures we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes that lead to our failure in the first place.

Federico.Gimeno likes this.