BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Kevin A

Kevin A Entrepreneur

Hello,

I wanted to ask I'm starting a small business I been selling in the streets for 3 weeks now.
    Which let me tell a small story how 3 weeks ago I thought I was a looser. Ahaha!!! I am very happy and passionate of what I'm doing now...... ok so long story made short I was dead broke I went to work at this Chinese fast food restaurant. Which I was being paid $70 for 11 hours ahaha.. I got that money went to my wholesale district here in Los Angeles got a product sold it which by the way was just in season so I made $30 my first day offering pillows to cars then the next day I went to a graduation event sold $240 which sometimes outside my house I make $130 a day but now here's where I would want some info. I have spoken to some manufacturers in China thru the Alibaba platform which is it safe to order thru that website? I read all the securities and trade assurance but I want to know from someone who has actually purchase thru Alibaba I have been working in a plan where I want to wholesale-distribute to business owners. Which I'm aiming to small store in my local area for right now.
    I am getting a quote for $1.31, from my current supplier I am paying $2.50 a pillow. But with shipping included 12 days wait time I will be paying $1.60 per piece including shipping cost. Which I believe is a good investment but my problem is I don't have enough accounts to get rid-off all the merchandise I will be getting.

That's one part of the business I am doing. On the other hand I am working on a small gift shop online. I already purchased domain I just need to design the website and get a presentation on my website thinking a small review video. Also me selling in the street is my gift shop for right now.

I need some advice on the China purchase ?
    Also my gift shop I would like to brand it because anyone can do gifts but they won't be my brand. Any advice and negativity will be considered thanks

Attached Files:

2. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

HI @Kevin A , alibaba is the good start for china products you are in right direction. Look for their approved one ... and also baidu search engine should also direct you to some of the direct supplier in china.

3. Kevin A

Kevin A Entrepreneur

Baidu search engine I never heard of that thank you

4. VirtualGlobalPhone

Its Chinese own search engine... Google is not used much in china.

5. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

If you want to see the whole process of doing an order through alibaba, I recommend watching these videos, they should answer most if not all of your questions :)

6. VirtualGlobalPhone

7. Kevin A

Kevin A Entrepreneur

Hey everyone I was wanting to give you guys an update in my new business I have a blog and a website now my website still not on its full potential but I got that start check it out

www.Socialgiftshop.Com
    losangelessocialgiftshop.blogspot.com

8. Kevin A

Kevin A Entrepreneur

9. arungoyal

arungoyal Entrepreneur

Good Explanation @CoolSpot - I have been using alibaba for last five years as a gold member and its really fruitful. I would definitely recommend It to medium & small enterprises.