BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Anyone here successful in doing that. Advice?

Nunzio Presta likes this.

2. YoungCanada

YoungCanada Entrepreneur

I have not attempted to grow an Instagram page. Although, I am a frequent user of Instagram and I tend to pick up on how people do grow their page.

Firstly, I see a lot of people paying for 'shoutouts' from other reputable Instragram pages with millions of followers...Although, not quite sure on how much they charge...Worth a shot.

Secondly, i also see individuals build a page that has something catchy people are interested in. Whatever it may be like cars,chicks,motivational quotes,life hacks, business advice, business, money making etc etc... Once you build a considerable amount of followers you can then start shouting out yourself. if that makes sense.

Lastly, use of hashtags. like for example if you post a picture of a car you can hashtag #mercedes or #bmw or #sexycar.. People can then search hashtags and stumble upon your picture.

Tip: As you may already know there are millions of Instagram pages out there. In order to stand out you must be unique. For example, i follow this one page in which every week the colour of their pictures will have a specific theme. Like, one week all pictures will be purple. Next week they'll be all green. It makes you stand out amongst others.

Another tip ill leave you with is... Don't be annoying. I mean how many times do i encounter an instragram page..follow it..then immediately unfollow it because the page posts 30 posts in a span of a minute. That's really bothersome.Build a page in which you would follow. A page in which you would tag your friends in because its intriguing and its worth sharing.

I keep thinking of more as i write so i promise this is the last thing. Somehow get your followers to participate in commenting on the picture/tagging friends. It's simple but genius. I mean, i saw this one page who posted a quote about how women are very important in a man's success.Then in the caption they had tag your girlfriend/boyfriend to show them you care blah blah blah... You get the point..This creates a lot of buzz on the picture and the more people who participate in commenting the more exposure it gets. Its exponential.

After writing this I feel like I should grow an Instagram page and monetize it.

haha best of luck.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  3. persistent89

persistent89 Entrepreneur

Was randomly searching the Internet the other day and I actually found good website where it breaks down everything you need to know about growing your ig and making money doing so. If your interested the website I believe was wolfmillionaire.com
    Think they ask you for your email address to access it. Check it out I personally think there was great information on it.

4. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

5. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Entrepreneur

I am looking into trying to use Instagram as a business/marketing tool as well.

One thing that I can say that I've noticed is something that may be obvious, but I think people overlook it because they want to complicate it, and that is that Instagram is a VISUAL medium, first and foremost. This is why fitness accounts and Instagram models have such success (I posted a random picture of my six-pack and that drew attention. It's REALLY easy).

What is the IMAGE you are putting out into the world? Is it striking? Is it bold? Is it alluring? Does it tell a unique story? Does it inspire curiosity?

These are the things I'm noticing about these accounts.

Not an official tipsheet, but I hope that helps.

6. jona

jona Entrepreneur

This may sound obvious but it is not: offer quality content, I am not just talking about the content itself, I am talking about the actual quality of the picture no mater the subject that you are actually capturing. The whole instragram thing is a about pretty pictures and everybody felling like a photographer, so pay attention to stuff like lighting, color saturation, resolution and all that photography stuff

Ladyferoz likes this.
  7. jikajika

jikajika Entrepreneur

Oh man, there is a LOT I can say here...
    Instagram is my platform, so bare with me.

1. If you're just starting first learn how to take a decent picture. If it is blurry, at a weird angle, or in low light - people will call you an 'amateur' before they move on with no engagement whatsoever.
    2. Show your work ONLY. Do not show pictures of your baby, your cat, your wilting plants (??), unless it has to do with what you want to brand yourself as. For example, if I wanted to build a brand around typography, I would not send you a picture of my kid sister asleep in the back of the car. It's stupid. Don't do it.
    3. Post every day. Get Iconosquare and find out the best times to post your content and put out content that your audience will appreciate. Show them the process.
    4. Hash is Good. You get 30 Hashtags for each post. Take up the real estate. Again use iconosquare to help you figure out some of the hashtags, but you'll start to notice which hashtags your crowd uses regularly and which have the most impact.
    5. Network. Follow other people in your cluster and LEAVE A COMMENT. Preferably something more than 2 syllables long, bad example: "Cool" / Good Example: "I can't imagine how long that took you to make, but a insta-highfive to you buddy". They appreciate that much more than a 'like'. And it's a good way to start a relationship with them.
    6. Get featured. There are feature profiles all over Instagram for every micro-genre out there. Sometimes they'll find you, but you might have to find them.
    7. Tag 'em. If you use someone's product in your picture, tag them in the photo. You never know, your image could get regrammed on their profile that has tens of thousands of followers. And if it does, some of them will trickle onto your page, so be ready.
    8. Tag Team. Link up with other people in your genre doing something similar to you. You'll piggyback off of each others audience - trading up and gain a lot of ground.
    Phew! Okay, that's all for now. Hope that helps. Good luck!

azgold and Ladyferoz like this.
  8. Villiam

Villiam Entrepreneur

There are multiple ways of growing your page. Some methods are legitimate, like receiving shout outs from popular users, but many other businesses that claim to naturally grow your follower count lie. These companies use artificial accounts to follow you. This is very obvious because your "likes" on your posts will not match the proper ratio comparatively to how many followers you have.

9. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I agree with this if you use Instagram as a promotion website you have to be passionate about it. It is easy to get many followers but if you buy them or use ad tactics, they will not be genuine followers, and you will not get an increase in customers.
    I have an Instagram account about my life abroad and travelling, it grew naturally and many people follow me daily because they are interested in that life, I have received genuine dm's and questions about places I visit. I offered to sell a box of treats specific to a country that I am visiting, and people were interested. I did it for a while but the shipping process was stressful.
    It is very easy to tell the difference between fake promotion and real, genuine businesses, and it is a fine line to tread. I have bought a few items from small Instagram businesses where I have connected with the owners. If you choose to use Instagram, make sure you appeal to the people you want to sell to.

10. Villiam

Villiam Entrepreneur

That is a good point. If you are trying to grow a page that has no background PR, like if you were trying to make a page for a brand of soda for example, then you must have a strong passion. First time pages must stick out from the crowd or else it will just be one page among millions

11. loverman99

loverman99 Entrepreneur

1. Separate your personal Instagram page from the professional one. Unless you're a freelancer and live a pretty much interesting and engaging live. If so, that would be a huge bonus. Like a social proof.

2. Don't post too many unimportant pictures of food and stuff, for example. Unless it's your field of work. If so, that would be fine.

3. Talk with your audience who writes in the commentary section. Ignore stupid/uninformative stuff, reply to a smart one. By doing that you show that you really care about your audience.

12. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Here are a few tips I can give you as I'm also an entrepreneur in Instagram:
    • First of all, have good content. No matter what you use your page for, be it for promoting a site, a product or even a service. You need to have attractive and eye-catching images as well as high quality content to catch your audience's attention.
    • Second of all, try building up your followers. You can do this by promoting your Instagram page on other accounts and as well as on other social media platforms.
    • Third, create contests. The contest should have the requirements like sharing your page or sharing your post. This way, you can gain some more extra traffic. Rewards can be simple like a gift card, a product or your service even.
    • Fourth, build networks. Go and follow accounts with the same niche as yours.
    • Fifth, interact with your audience.
    Good luck!

13. Peyton White

Peyton White Entrepreneur

Post interesting content that Instagram users will be persuaded to share, follow random accounts or any account that might interest you then they do the same then you'll gain more followers, try to reply as much as you can when follower of yours asked a question or said hi.

14. GoHawt

GoHawt Entrepreneur

-Quality Pictures
    -Frequent Posting
    -Shout Outs
    -Fake Likes & Followers ( If you have 1k Followers you can easily boost with 100-200 followers but do not buy more than that)
    -Follow and like other pages and posts related to your niche.
    -Leave new comments and answer comments on your pictures
    -Create your own #.
    -Run a Contest
    -Link your Social Media profiles on your website. And on your other Social Media pages.

I must have missed a couple of but these should help you.