BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Are you into High Yield Investment Program (HYIP)? I have tried many HYIP and I have made money as well as lost money. HYIP is risky because there are too many scam programs. However, if you are in legitimate HYIP and try it for a short time, you can make good money.

2. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

I have been in many HYIP programs. I made money in some and lost in some. It's difficult to say which program is genuine and when a program will turn scam. You can make good money if you have a lot of referrals.

3. RaviCasio

RaviCasio Entrepreneur

I would stay as far away from High Yield Investment Program as I can. I have personally not invested in anything, but I have a close friend that some money (Not so much where their life was ruined, but still a financial hit). However, if you were to invest in something I would do it in a period of low-interest period, so you have a better chance of getting your money back.

4. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

The notion that high yield equals high risk is wrong. Its a notion spread around by those at the very top so people would just believe it and not even look around.

Have you tried looking into managed futures funds? They're like mutual funds, but have annual returns of 20-60%. And that's not just for one year, its over the long term.

Plus, anytime you can lend someone money, its always a good deal. P2P lending is another area you can look into.

But, I wouldn't go about joining any "investment programs". My recommendations above come from my own research and from the basic understanding that

1. Long term performance is actually indicative of performance (unlike what they say on cnbc).
    2. Lenders make their money back, so its better to lend than to "invest" any other way. Case in point - the Bond industry is 2-3 times the size of the stock market and the to 1% don't buy stock.

5. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

I used to put money into those and I did fairly well. It takes just as much effort and research as most any other investment but it's way more volatile since you'd have to deal with the element of the owner just randomly shutting the site down, and in that way it becomes a lot more similar to gambling than actual investment. Like I said though, you just have to research and know the right places to look for information to get a good feel of when sites tend to close down.

6. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Due diligence is always going to be a key part of any kind of work. Thanks to a lot of innovative tools, a lot of raw information is now easily available online. But, even then, I feel that the best information always comes in via the phone.

7. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I almost joined a HYIP some time in the past. It sounded credible because it was marketed through the church. One invested a sum of money and after about too weeks, the ROI was almost three times. It turned out to be a pyramid scheme and it collapsed and disappeared with large sums of money belonging to investors.

8. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I am quite skeptical of High Yield Investment Programs. From what I've read, most of them are Ponzi schemes. You only earn money the first time and when no one invests anymore, then the program is bound to die. My husband joined such a program before and invested a lot of money. He admired the product and the sales talk of the people behind the program. He did earn for the first few months of it, but it didn't last. Right now, we cannot even contact the leaders of the program. And although he got some of his investment back, it wasn't even the full amount.

There's no doubt that there are real HYIPs out there. But you better do some research before joining them. If it's too good to be true, then it might be. Don't be swayed by the smooth talks of other members. Do your own research and think twice or thrice before investing your money in them.

Good luck!

9. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

In my experience, you can use HYIP to make good money for short time. Investing on HYIP is like gambling. You play to win but you must be prepared to lose. Check the review online of the program, see payment proof, don't invest all the money you have, and try investing for short time. You rcover your investment and then continue to invest with the profit. There will be no loss.

10. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

The high yield I avoid are those investment that would make your money earn 10% per month (not per annum). It is too good to be true, right? That 10% per month earnings means the amount you invest will come back to you in the form of interest payments in a matter of 10 months. Thta's the minimum because there are high yield investments that give up to 20% return per month.

If that is not ridiculous, I don't know what is. But the thing is, so many are duped of that scheme. What's funny is there was a time that cops were lured and after losing millions by those police generals and colonels, they couldn't report the crime and even avoided the media because it is a big shame to them.

11. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Well, when people are desparate or in real need, they believe everything. The problem is that con artists don't care if the thousand bucks he's asking the person to "invest" in his scam is all that a person has. This is what makes them con artists.

There are plenty of get rich quick schemes that work, but none of the people who use such schemes tell others about it. Why would you? If I knew about something that was not in the public domain and was earning me 10% per month, I would never tell anyone about it. People don't seem to understand that simple logic.

12. mrmancer

mrmancer Entrepreneur

I tried also HYIPs and i lost much money, but i earned also good money. It's only luck in HIYPs. My focus is on long-term business who provides you 20-30% each Month and not 150% like HYIPs

Best regards

13. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

HYIP is money distribution and not per say a business, some call this as hard earned Blood money of innocents.

Like @Corazon addressed 5% to 15% per year of returns on idle money 'investment' on any business is sustainable anything more than that it should be only from your own business and not others. That's the rule of business! many came challenged and vanished.

I personally consider HYIP / PONZI are viruses in Entrepreneurship.

Their are some major company who involve in this and use word "Entrepreneurship" so loosely and put under the umbrella of HYIP.

14. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

A person who earns 120+% profit an year can never understand the value he / she earned because it has come so easy.
    why is that HYPE or PONZI or any other business with 100+% profit, never seen for long period at all, have you thought about it ?

Nature or business if you don't build on sustainability model it wont last for long. That's the fact..