BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

As the title says, I'm a to-be entrepreneur wondering in the entrepreneurial wilderness, looking to not only start my own business, but also profit greatly off of it. By trade, I am a musician, and even though I'm making that a "career," I know I'll need multiple streams of income to become a wealthy individual. I hope to meet like-minded people here, find friends, and build valuable connections (as it seems connections are where its at in more than just the music business).

Nice to meet ya'll.

T J Tutor and Valsthrivers like this.

2. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Aloha! Do you belong to a band? What type of music do you play?

What type of business or businesses are you interested in?

3. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Hi EF, nice to meet you.

I'm trying to form one. As for the type of music, think Green Day, Blink 182, Offspring type of stuff.

To address your second question, I originally was looking into becoming a cannabis grower (since I live in one of the states where its legal) but have decided to hold that off for another time until the cannabis issue isn't so volatile. To replace that at the moment, I'm looking into a e-commerce type of deal, where produce and ethnic is sold directly to the public, the customer being able to communicate with the farmer directly, and have it delivered to their home. Take out the middle man. Problem is I don't have any income to start up the business.

4. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Hello @Foxus , welcome to EntrepreneurFix! - Your business ideas seem pretty good. As for growing and selling cannabis in a state that is legal is smart. When you get that started maybe stores/restaurants or what not will let you put up an flyer to advertise it and your customers will keep coming back from me. For the one that your looking to get started on now, your idea is great, maybe even create an app as well as an website where this can be done. If I were you, I would first pitch your idea to different farmers locally and even in other states/countries. You would need to see if that would be something these farmers would be interested in doing. They might be interested in selling directly and ship the product(s) but they would need to be given the option to charge shipping or even make it free or free if order is over some dollar amount before taxes.

Once you get farmers interested, then would be a good thing to get consumer opinions on this. However, next would be the creation of the website (which I maybe able to help with, PM me if interested). You may want to allow for the farmers to have some login information so they can post their products for sale and the amount they have to sell. They should be able to also set the product cost and even add an picture of each product when added. Then when someone wants to buy or buys something of theirs, they get their information so they can ship the products. This all can be done. Then, once you are making money and can invest in an app creator to pay to make one, you can add that to make this mobile as well and the mobile logos can easily be added to website so everyone knows.

You may start advertising after it is ready locally on farmers property, at restaurants (even pitch to restaurants and what not to try to convert them to buy from the farmers using your website), and public places as well. You can then start advertising online once you get a good bit of revenue and clients.

5. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Hi William, thanks for the reply. Depending on the where this prospect leads, I might be interested in working with you.

My two hurdles are these: 1. Funding and 2. Parents. I can't land a job for the life of me (that's part of the reason I'm jumping into entrepreneurship), so you can see how it would be pretty difficult to pay for services. Second is my parents, especially my mom, who is playing devils advocate with the idea. She thinks it takes a masters in business to be an entrepreneur these days. Unfortunately, times have changed. But then again, she's been opposed to online dating and it took a lot to get her to even jump on the texting bandwagon.

6. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Hello @Foxus , welcome to EntrepreneurFix ! Great to have you join us.

We have an abundance of great entrepreneurs at every stage of development. Looking forward to your posts and threads.

T J

7. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Well, sounds like the situation I was in as a teenager. I started seeking ways to make money online starting from age 13. However, before that I had my own lawn mowing business that I start at age 9 and continued on so I did have money saved up as my customer base at my parents house had grown until I moved out. Anyways, I went against the fact that I was told to only do a business that is offline and/or get a job to work the rest of my life for the money, even if I hated my job. I am so happy I did not listen to them. I did fail multiple times before I was able to be where I am at today!

Well, if there is anyway we can work together, you can let me know and I would let you know if I where to be interested or not.