Welcome to the BizWarriors Forum!
Why not join our community?

help in choosing the right payment system for start up

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Peyton White, May 5, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Peyton White

Peyton White Member

For those who have a retail business, what kind of credit card machine are you using? My friends and I are opening up a coffee shop in a few months and we would like to know what kind of credit card machine we should get. Do we go for a traditional credit card machine or a tablet POS system?

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

I would go with Square, PayPal, Stripe, may be right for you. Amazon has one coming soon. Here is a list of a couple of dozen similar POS systems.

3. The tablet POS is more recommended for restaurants. I have been seeing such units in most of the coffee shops and fine dining restaurants I love to go to.

4. Peyton White

Peyton White Member

I read a lot about the difference of traditional credit card machines and tablet POS and I might go with the traditional CC machine. I'm torn between Ingenico and Verifone from TSYS. Do you know anyone who uses the same merchant solution?