BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. tropicstorm

tropicstorm Entrepreneur

I love working out fitness has recently become a big part of my life and personal training and becoming a you-tube entrepreneur has come to my mind often once I gain more muscle mass on my body. I also have an interest in acting/theater it would be awesome if I could be an actor one day. However I know for a fact that this type of work is risky and we all need money right? Right now I am faced with the dilemma of finding a "backup plan" or something that is going to pay my finances in order to provide food in my mouth and a roof over my head so that I can even live in order to pursue these goals and dreams that I have. People are telling me that if I don't get a decent paying job it is going to make the road harder. For example if I were to become a mcdonalds employee which is minimum wage I would probably have a very hard time becoming an actor unless I lived with a few roommates or worked more than one job. But if I got a better paying job I could atleast afford a living while doing it. What are your thoughts on this I need people with the entrepreneur mindset. I am currently looking at Firefighting because it is good pay and they work 24 hours on and 48 hours off. With a 1 day on work and 2 day off work schedule you would have plenty of free time to do things.

2. FrankFKA

FrankFKA Entrepreneur

I wouldn't say having an entrepreneur mindset is specifically geared towards building your own business 100% of the time
    Part of it is acknowledging the facts of life (that you need money and shelter) and playing the right cards to put YOURSELF in the best situation possible
    I think firefighting is a good opportunity, but keep in mind that a 24hr shift will drain the crap out of you.
    If you can get over that, then you'll have ample time to build your own business

3. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@tropicstorm ; welcome to entrepreneurfix.

First ; lets begin with a 'practicality'.

entrepreneurship is not a job its a passion, if you are then your mind wont even allow you to hold on to 'job'.