BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Jmreid

Jmreid Entrepreneur

Hello,

I am currently a freelancer, not an entrepreneur. With that said, I am a full-time IT Contractor and have been doing this 2 years. I'm in the process of trying to make the transition from freelancer to entrepreneur. I'm happy to share information for anyone wanting to get into the IT Contracting field and I look forward to learning entrepreneurial ideas.

J Reid

dyanmarie25 and Francis K like this.

2. Francis K

Francis K Entrepreneur

Hey J Reid, how's it going? I'm currently an information security analyst and started a digital marketing business on the side because, well, doing IT work that I'm not passionate about blows. It's good to meet other IT pros making the transition to the dark, sexy, directly impactful world of entrepreneurship.

Jmreid likes this.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Hello there, @Jmreid! Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing. We're glad you have joined us here. I am also a freelancer, but I am in a different field. I would also want to venture into entrepreneurship in the future. Anyway, keep us posted. All the best! :)

Jmreid likes this.
  4. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

@Jmreid, Welcome to EntrepreneurFix!!!

Jmreid likes this.
  5. Jmreid

Jmreid Entrepreneur

Thanks everyone! @Francis K, my background is electronics technician troubleshooting circuit boards. Since that is not a skill most companies use these days, I've moved into the IT world as a field service technician handling mostly hardware. I handle everything from PC deployments, cash registers, printer repair, structured cabling installation, fiber optic terminations, analog and VOIP telephone systems etc. On the software side, mostly I connect my machine to the network and an offsite guy will remote in. I'm totally independent and I've worked for about 60 different companies over the past 2 years. I enjoy my work because everyday I'm driving to new businesses and working on different things. The downside is that many of my clients are focused on getting the cheapest contractor, not on getting quality. They would rather gamble on someone cheap and maybe have to send another tech, rather than pay for quality. Since I've seen the race to the bottom selling on Amazon, I don't want to be in this trend in the IT contractor industry. That is my motivation for wanting to become an entrepreneur rather than a freelancer.

6. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Welcome to EntrepreneurFix

Jmreid likes this.