BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Mike Hastings

Mike Hastings Entrepreneur

I'm Mike,

I've always wanted to be a successful entrepreneur since 16(now 33). I am not where I'd like to be with hitting my goals. Figured the best way to hit them to surround myself with like minded others.

Honestly, I feel like a complete failure. I've failed so many times, that it's difficult to stay motivated, and optimistic like I normally am. My faith is shaken.

I want to help millions through health, fitness and being a positive influence in there lives. I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe someone here can guide me in the right direction.

My passion is helping others. I am a fitness trainer and nutritionist in San Diego, California. I currently am co owning a gym that is doing very well, but I am at a standstill. I'm not growing.

My dream is to work online, from my laptop, anywhere in the world, and to become a millionaire. I am thankful for everything I have now, and I'm glad I come from humble beginnings. I have good health, amazing relationships with others, and pray everyday for all the blessings that I have.

I have extensive knowledge and content in nutrition, and all my friends know me as "the most positive guy they know". I want to utilize my passion, my strengths and talents and use it to hit my goals. I just don't know how?

I've sacrificed so much. Time with friends and family, time for myself, gave up my puppy to a friend, cutting my time by working out at home to save 30 mins commute to the gym, no more tv, got vision boards posted all over my walls, a list of goals written on a note card and on me at all times, I read a book every 3 days, audio books when cleaning my house and doing chores, even when cooking and eating, no more music while driving or jogging, only audio books. Anything that'll help me succeed. And yet, I've never felt so lost on what to do next?

I know this might seem like a bad first impression, but I'm just ready to hit these goals, I'm hungry, and done failing. Any input is greatly appreciated.

T J Tutor, azgold and luca like this.

2. luca

luca Entrepreneur

Like Munger said, Step by step you get ahead, but not necessarily in fast spurts. good luck

Mike Hastings likes this.
  3. Mike Hastings

Thank you. I don't mind being patient and putting in the time and energy, I am just having a hard time seeing what's my next step.

4. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Hi, @Mike Hastings and welcome to EFix!

You've written a great introduction that offers a lot of insight on what you're doing and going through.

Most of us have been there at some point(s). Even famous people have failed many times before meeting their goal. While it's discouraging, those failures are lessons (or at least learning opportunities) that help you take a step closer to where you want to go. In that sense, there is no such thing as failure. Just feels like it.

Sounds like a good candidate for burnout. Sometimes, we need to focus on something else then ideas and solutions come to us. While commitment and hard work help a lot, you cannot ignore the rest of life if you want to stay healthy and balanced. Your brain and body need some downtime and FUN!

We're here to help each other. You only have to ask. I'm not a business expert, nor do I personally know how to advise you - I would if I could. However, we're a family here and anyone who can help you will gladly offer suggestions or guidance.

It might be beneficial for you to start a thread specific to your problem. That way, members who don't check the introductions will find you and see that you're asking for help.

We're really glad to have you with us. I'll be watching to see how you make out. Meantime, sending you good vibes. :)

Mike Hastings likes this.
  5. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

6. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@Mike Hastings , welcome to entrepreneurfix.

Seems like you are having too many balls on your hand and try to juggle around. Take the one which is needed for now! and focus on that.

Remember this .. "change the way you look at things and the things you look at change". So look at every failure as it has to happen in your life to achieve what you have now, and more to follow to what you want to be tomorrow.

7. Mike Hastings

Thank you for the responses! Thank you all for going out of your way to give me some insight. I appreciate that. I will post a thread and go from there. I just needed a day to get out and clear my mind, rest and recover. Now I'm back, ready to go 100%

azgold likes this.
  8. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Hey @Mike Hastings , it's great to have you with us. Welcome to EntrepreneurFix!

Well, it all starts by building a pan, a business plan, and executable plan. Do you have one completed? If not, that is your first step! There are plenty of us here that can help you devise the plan and guide you through the execution of a plan, but you have to accept that you will not make anything happen without one.

Looking forward to your posts and threads.

See you around the forums.

T J