BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

When I graduated with a B.A. in English in 2010, I had big dreams ... and absolutely nothing on my resume.

I wanted to be a writer, but didn't have a single published clip to call my own.

As you can imagine, the next few years weren't very fun. Since 2010, I've:

• been unemployed three times, for a total of 13 months.
    • failed to hold a "full-time job" longer than a year.
    • quit three jobs, been let go once and gotten myself fired once.
    Read more How I tripled my salary in less than a year after getting fired

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I have also graduated from college with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Language. And I could totally relate to this person because I have also lost a lot of opportunities in the past, and this story of Han Gwon Lung somehow inspired me to do better in my career. Thanks for sharing.

3. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

Great advice by Han Gwon Lung sometimes failure is the best teacher. I finished a degree in social science and I also admit that getting a job with this degree is hard so I did business for myself. You have to be willing to improve every day in simple ways and no time-- in great ways.

4. Nantchev

Nantchev Entrepreneur

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Oh, what an inspiring story. I also finished a Bachelor's Degree but in Psychology. There are lots of job opportunities for graduates like me, problem is, I got pregnant. And so, I turned to the internet to find a job that I can enjoy and earn from. And here I am today, not earning that much but doing something that I love plus taking care of my baby. So it's a win-win-win for me actually. Thanks for your story! It actually helped me realize I need to work smarter and better to success in this field.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

It's true that people can learn a lot more about themselves when times are hard than what they can when everything is going well.

As long as you look at failure as a lesson and make sure you learn from your mistake, that's the key to becoming successful in the future and it's very rare that anybody who as made a success of their life, hasn't been at rock bottom at least once.

7. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Entrepreneur

This is genius. I have a Masters in Acting (most people don't even know that you can get one of those!) from what is basically the Harvard of acting conservatories. It's served me well but, much like writing, it's not easy to make a living at. I've been looking for concrete steps to take to take control of my future, and put my skills to work for me, rather than waiting and hoping that someone else will pay me for them.

And yes, pwarbi, you're correct--this past six months has been a real trial, but out of it I've become far more grounded and focused than I ever was before.

Failure is a far better tutor than success, as they say.

EDIT: Also, rest arrured Mr. Lung, I WILL be supporting your blog from here on out. Congrats on all your successes, and thanks for inspiring others.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Well that's all a person can do, make the best out of a bad situation.

Everyone will go through bad times, no matter who they are but as long as they come out the other side and they've learned important lessons, that can sometimes be better than sailing through life without any issues. You learn more doing it the hard way.

Scooby Snack likes this.
  9. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

I've thought several times about becoming a freelancer, and this gives me some inspiration and exhorts me to continue forward. It's the part about premium services that caught my attention the most, since I believe I have a very specific skill set which may be exploitable as premium with the right selling abilities, which I have yet to acquire.

Thanks for sharing!

10. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

Very inspirational. It may look discouraging at first, but there's always hope!

11. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

Probably one of the few successes and many others before him have failed.

congrats to him, but it probably won't happen to most. But hope is good!

12. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

Thank you for sharing you unique success stories with the community. I admire your gumption and work ethic. Everyone can learn something from this story..and hopefully I will also have the same type of results. Cool opportunities just don't knock on our doors..we have to reach for them.