BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

[​IMG]

Nope, this isn't some special one-day doodle. The Google logo is making a permanent change.

When you visit the main Google search page, you'll notice an interactive that shows the logo morph into its newest form, reflecting the tech giant's availability across multiple platforms such as desktop computers, smartphones and tablets, reads a company statement.

The statement co-written by Tamar Yehoshua, Google's vice president of product management, and director of user experience, Bobby Nath, says the logo has been designed to fit across multiple screen sizes and interface inputs.

"It doesn’t simply tell you that you’re using Google, but also shows you how Google is working for you," reads the statement.

Read more Google unveils new logo with emphasis on apps, devices

2. Twista Tom

Twista Tom Entrepreneur

I like there introduction video too

3. Apollyon

Apollyon Entrepreneur

Not too bad, they've been moving into other spaces for years now. This just cements it

4. Martin

Martin Entrepreneur

It looks decent, a little 'childish' at first glance but I am sure that I will get used to it.

5. Waqass Khalid

Waqass Khalid Business Owner Entrepreneur

and i thought it was an old logo!

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Every company goes through a rebrand or changes the logo design at one point or another, and its just the same for Google.

For me, as long as they still do what I want then to do, and I find them useful for me, then I'm not overly concerned by what the logo looks like.

7. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Nice and clean, but pretty simple

Graphic disigners? How would you have made a logo for Google? Post it in there.

8. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

I am not loving the new logo that much. I prefer the thinner type face of the original design, then the thickness of the new design.

The new look reminds me of a children's toy. The colors and the shape of the letters look like blocks I used to play with as a child. There is a bit of an outdated, juvenile feel to it. I would have preferred they left it the way it was, or I would have liked to see something that looks more modern and shows their sophistication as the market leader.

A company's logo is very important and show express what the business does. This new redesign does not give a hint to what the business is. Maybe if one of the O's had been turned into a magnifying glass to represent the idea of "search," like you see the magnifying glass icon at the top of websites to indicate "search", that would have at least indicated what the company is and what it does.

9. PatO

PatO Entrepreneur

Clean, simple, and making everyone talk. What else does a large company like Google need in a logo? It is very well known, so anyone that has access to a computer would more than likely know what you can and can't do on Google. I personally happen to like their search engine. There are other parts of Google that I don't like, but perhaps with time it will grow on me. But, changing their logo is probably a good move for them. It makes people stand at attention, and talk about "that new Google logo." Good publicity.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

When a company the size of Google changes anything it's bound to attract attention and get people talking. There was obviously going to be people who like it and some that don't, but at the end of the day its not going to make that much difference to how people use the company.

11. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

I like it, but even if they didn't change it I'm sure people would still love Google just as much and it wouldn't change their opinion. It's good that they decided to spice it up a bit though!

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think every company needs to freshen things up every now and again, and that's exactly all Google have done, with this new design. What they offer is still the same, it's just an image change, and its also got people talking about Google again.

13. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

I think it's a great organizational move for Google after all the company is expanding on a massive scale and no one executive can keep up with all the new technologies, trending media and everything else. In fact I think Google should have done this 5-10 years ago I could see their profit growing even then, their stocks are only rising.