BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

I hope all of you got a chance to catch the 60 Minutes interview last night with FinTech startup founders Patrick and John Collison of Stripe.

Banking is changing and with the advancements of FinTech startups like Stripe, the banking industry is openly admitting they need to change in order to adapt to the changing markets and how we as the public, as well as the finance industry, handle our money.

They highlighted several cool new applications and companies making it extremely easy for online transactions, banking, and money transfers.

We've had several discussions here in the community about resources like these, maybe a "waltz" over to the American Banker site can bring more clarification on the resources available as the linked article tells us about the top 20 upcomers to the industry.

Maybe check out the FinTech Innovations Lab as well.

2. azgold

azgold Moderator Member

This is an episode of 60 minutes that I haven't seen. I love news magazine shows, am going to watch it later today.

Thanks for mentioning it, TJ!

3. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Member

Nice Share TJ,

Its true that 'alternate money / digital money' should bring more revolution in the way we do business. But its only possible when the merchant and user realizes this. Else the bureaucrats of regular money will make this as 'coupons' with lots of limitation and reach; market just forgets it within no time.

The issues faced by "bitcoin" is one such.

4. azgold

azgold Moderator Member

Forgot to watch this last night, so just viewed it now.

I love what these guys are doing! Anything that knocks the Old Guard off their self-built pedestals and reminds them that their customers are important is alright in my books. :)

What I especially liked was the opportunity that these brothers represented. I don't just mean with their app but the fact that they are an example of what a person can do to become independently prosperous and creative in a satisfying way. It may have others thinking of what they can do.

The interviewer mentioned that these young men started the company only four years ago and it is already worth ? Billion dollars. I forget how many billion.

Incredible what can happen with a marketable idea and the bravado to carry it out.

5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

I believe any of us are capable of this, the difference is they simply put the pieces together. Most of us have ideas that are that good, but we don't pursue our ideas with the same implacable relentless fervor.

azgold likes this.
  6. azgold

azgold Moderator Member

a.k.a. passion. What a driving force!