BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

Since I am a movie buff, I absolutely love watching films that somehow inspire me to be a better person and drive me to work harder so I could achieve my dreams in life.

Here is a list of some of my favorite motivational movies:

1. Forrest Gump
    2. Life of Pi
    3. Unbroken
    4. Temple Grandin
    5. Freedom Writers
    6. The Social Network
    7. The Pursuit of Happyness
    8. Moneyball
    9. Office Space
    10. The Godfather

2. mtayp01

mtayp01 Member

Mulan! I know this might seem like an unusual answer for some, but the "I'll Make a Man Out of You" song just keeps me going every time!

3. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Theres a film called 'Limitless' from 2011 starring Bradley Cooper. It turned me from a pessimistic miserable human being into someone who spends every day making myself and my life better, virtually overnight. I couldn't recommend a better film. You haven't mentioned it in your post so I'm hoping you haven't seen it. Its a remarkable story and even though its only fiction, the achievements of the main character are something that can happen to all of us in real-life if we are determined enough to achieve them.

4. 111kg

111kg Member

Unbroken was such a bad movie. I almost started to hate the Japanese people after that. So much violence! So was the Pursuit of Happiness. So you tell me that you'd rather put your son on streets just because you wouldn't accept a job that did not involve trading stocks?

Anyway, to be ontopic: Coach Carter is definitely worthy of your time. The same with Wolf of Wall Street. I loved both of them. Every time I watch them I get pumped up and work like a crazy bastard.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

Would you class Jerry McGuire as an inspiring movie? In a way it is as he as to work his way back up to the top again from nothing so I guess it can be classed as inspirational.

Others on my list are probably moneyball and wolf of wall street, the latter being one of my favourite movies of all time.

6. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Member

I must admit. 'life of Pi surprised me when I saw it.

7. harpazo22

harpazo22 Member

The Pursuit of Happiness was an amazing one! I'm pretty sure it was based off of a true story as well.

8. ElShaddai1234

ElShaddai1234 Member

Mm, most motivational movies?

1. Remember the Titans;
    2. The Blind Side;
    3. Kung-Fu Panda;
    4. Madagascar 3.

:)

9. arthnel

arthnel Member

I hope this isn't my most embarrassing list:rolleyes:.

1. The Devil Wears Prada. Meryl Streep was just amazing and I loved Miranda Priestly's work ethics
    2. Oceans 11, 12 and 13
    3. The Devil's Advocate
    4. Hotel Transylvania
    5. Fast and Furious - all of them
    6. Independence Day
    7. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory:p

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

That's a pretty diverse list. :) I also love the movie, The Devil Wears Prada. I remember my first job at a University before. I was sort of a secretary to the Dean, and she was like Miranda Priestly. :eek::D

arthnel likes this.
  11. arthnel

arthnel Member

@dyanmarie25 Yeah the list is pretty diverse in all truth. For some reason these are movies I could sit and watch all the way through over and again. I don't know if I should be happy for you and your first university job or if I should tell you sorry about how you started out. Were you resilient like Andy Sachs (Anne Hathaway)? Miranda was just tough but it's a reality in today's world. I'm going to lean more to the happy side for you though.

12. xeylonfm

xeylonfm Member

I have several movies in mind that motivate me about different aspects of life but there is one that I can say cut across something I adore and respect so much; that is Family! Family is important and is where the life of a human being begins from. We are molded right from the family setting. I do know that there are people out there who had no parents to take care of them or people who grew up in very tumultuous families, am sorry about that. You ever watched the movie COURAGEOUS? Wow, I love it. It tells the story of a marriage on the rocks due to a number of mundane factors. They are on the brink of divorce but they decide to work it out together and it all came back more integrated than before. It really inspired me. I am some few years away from marriage and the movie inspired me to be a good, listening, loving and mindful husband to be of my fiancée. I hope it inspires the same to you.

13. azgold

azgold Moderator Member

Thanks, all. There are a couple of movies mentioned that I hadn't heard of but will look for now. I'm especially interested in looking for that Bradley Cooper movie and for The Life of Pi.

I did like The Pursuit of Happiness, The Secret, What the Bleep Do We Know...there are so many inspiring stories and movies. I also like movies that make me think by offering a perspective that's new to me.

I think different ones will affect different people in different ways, as evident in @111kg 's post above. He sees some of the OP's listed movies as violent and off-putting, rather than motivating. It's not bad, it just is.

14. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Member

I was really motivated with the movie, Larry Crowne, starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. The hero of the story went back to school after being fired from his long-time job due to his lack of college degree. Fresh from a divorce, the bank was also running after him because of mortgage but he slowly picked up his life with the help of his friends and a new found love. It's very inspiring and a must watch. No matter how old you are, it was never too late to do the things that you missed like going to college and you can always pick up yourself when you stumble.

15. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

I rеаlly lоvе mоviеs. I rеmеmbеr thе first mоviе I еvеr wаtсhеd оn thе big sсrееn аt thе аgе оf 11. My dаd usеd tо hаvе а sесоnd jоb sеlling mоviе tiсkеts in thе smаll tоwn wе livеd in. Hе соuld nеvеr lеt us in fоr frее but hе wоuld mаkе соnеs оut оf nеwspаpеr аnd givе us frее pоpсоrn.

16. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

“I decided to stop pitying myself. Other than my eye, two things aren’t paralysed, my imagination and my memory.” Bauby.
    With that being said, my favourite inspirational movie has to be The Diving Bell and The Butterfly.

17. setupdisc

setupdisc Member

One movie that I still love today is Interstate 60. If you haven't seen this yet, it's a must.

It has a fun plot and theme to it, with serious issues and things it addresses throughout creatively and giving the viewer entertainment, wisdom, and insight between the humor and overall theme of the movie. (A friend of mine, I won't say who, was one of the stars in this film :) )

If you like movies like Back To The Future, The Box, or The Butterfly Effect, you'll surely enjoy this one.

18. Villiam

Villiam Member

You guys forgot about Rocky! No movie motivates me more than the story of Rocky Balboa. My favorite parts are the training montages where he performs his timeless training. I could watch that movie over and over.

19. arthnel

arthnel Member

Rocky was quite good too. It's one of those movies you watch over and over and those punches in the ring would get your heart racing. The training and all the other activities surrounding the main character really brought to life what going after a goal means. That's with all the pain involved right up to the end.

20. Valerie

Valerie Member

For me it's Cool Runnings. Hands down.