BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Coming soon to Facebook: a button that lets you express emotions beyond the iconic thumbs up.

Founder and chief executive Mark Zuckerberg made the announcement Tuesday during a Q&A session streamed live online from Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif.

Facebook has resisted creating a "dislike" button as a companion to its "like" button, fearing it would sow seeds of discontent on the world's most popular social network.

Read more Facebook working on 'dislike' button, Zuckerberg says

2. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

I would love this! I hope it really happens.

3. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

The name "dislike" is misleading. It will not be for you to vote that you hate what someone posted. But that you are supporting it with sympathy or empathy. For example if someone posts that their dog died, instead of hitting "like" which is odd you will hit this new button which will probably be called something like 'sympathy' or 'hugs'.

4. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

I believe that is what they intend it to be.

They claimed also that they are working on more emotional buttons as well, although they didn't say what they were

5. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Entrepreneur

Well, it's about time! It's a good update to make -- I always thought it odd that they held off on it.

6. Phillip

Phillip Entrepreneur

Awesome update on this. :)

7. mtayp01

mtayp01 Entrepreneur

I'm not really particularly enthusiastic about the 'dislike' button, considering the amount of reported online bullying incidents nowadays, all because of social media. There are other people who might use this as a way to put someone down and that's really what I'm afraid of, especially since a lot of children and teenagers are easily affected by the so-called 'Facebook lens'.

8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I have mixed emotions towards this Facebook's "dislike" button. I know that some posts on Facebook are quite annoying, but hey, it is a social media site; everyone practices their freedom of speech there. There is also a possibility that this would just worsen cyber-bullying issues.