BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Facebook Or Twitter

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing and Promotion' started by eProject, Feb 4, 2016.

Share This Page

1. eProject

eProject Entrepreneur

Which is the best site for social media marketing between Facebook and Twitter? I prefer Facebook since you can easily make a lot of friends and have a huge following easily. It has been difficult for me to have followers on Twitter which makes me to avoid it. My Facebook campaigns have many likes which makes them visible to my audience.

setupdisc likes this.

2. joshua byrne

joshua byrne Entrepreneur

I've had experience with both social media platforms for advertising purposes. So from my personal experience I believe that Facebook is the best mainly because it's the most used and it even has ad campaigns for whatever it is your selling. Although twitter is also very effective too and I feel that they both should be used.

setupdisc likes this.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Well, Facebook is more popular so I think it's the best site to use for internet marketing purposes. But as for me, it's really much better to be active on a lot of social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and even Tumblr.

setupdisc likes this.
  4. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

I think Facebook is a must these days so I'd pick that one if I had to choose just one. I consider it mostly just a sort of base of operations though more than marketing because I think other supplementary sites where it is a little less crowded can be a little better for getting the word out to those who don't know you yet. Ultimately I think it just depends on the business and where it is most comfortable for the audience and business owner alike. We operate an online shop and we use Instagram to market it exclusively and we have been doing well with it for years now because that's where most of our audience is.

setupdisc likes this.
  5. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Between Facebook and Twitter? Facebook, hands down, although I prefer Pinterest and reddit. However, on Reddit, the community doesn't tolerate spam at all, therefore you really have to be smart about using this platform

setupdisc likes this.
  6. ctfranklin28

ctfranklin28 Entrepreneur

It strongly depends on the business and the style of your content. If you are a location-based business who engages closely with fans on a level deeper than "Hi, how are you doing" or "Check this out!", then Facebook is your thing. If you are a business that thrives on sharing news quickly or being creatively quirky, Twitter is your thing.

To me, Twitter is like a cocktail party. Facebook is like a house party.

Faneendra Kumar and setupdisc like this.
  7. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

If you have something that can sell quickly and be understood easily by a global audience, you'll find favor on Twitter for that. If you need to explain it more or interact more on a personal level while describing details to your followers, you'll find that Facebook will meet those needs a little more closely.

Facebook is becoming extremely restrictive on the types of information that they allow and share, so you may want to consider using Facebook as a medium and catalyst to bring people to a forum or blog site so that you can speak and interact freely with people in both places.

If Facebook restricts content because they see it as a competition to a business idea, model, or service they intend to offer or removes a page you make, then you won't be hindered by that completely as long as people are still on Twitter and a forum for your profession. Also, if any of your members, clients, or other users are blocked on facebook then you can still interact with them in either of the other two places without them being isolated by Facebook's practices and changes to their TOS. Since Facebook now owns Instagram, you would have to treat Instagram the same way. There's other alternatives, but the best way is to have graphics and video tags which have all your contact info in one place so that anyone who isn't on one network can always find you on any of the others to stay in touch.

Staying flexible and resourceful is imperative when it comes to your marketing and your communication in the digital age.

There are some people who still respond to direct messages and interact on Twitter, but it seems to be all over the place and geo-targeting of products and services is more difficult than on Facebook or a forum.

8. Barbara Southwell

Barbara Southwell Business Owner Entrepreneur

I think you need to take into account who your target audience it. If your target audience are in their 20s then you need to be on Twitter, if they are older then you will find them on Facebook. Also are you selling to businesses or consumers? If you are selling to women then you need to get onto Pinterest.

For me, I prefer Twitter for business as I find it easier to target new followers and get my message across. Just my opinion but I'd spend my time promoting us on Twitter over Facebook everyday.

setupdisc likes this.
  9. sar777

sar777 Entrepreneur

I think Facebook is usually the one people feel most comfortable with. However, Twitter is great if you have it set up right. The problem with most people's Twitter accounts is they have a bunch of random followers just to have followers, not because they are individuals personally invested in what the person is selling or the brand they are following. A huge number of Twitter users use Twitter just to send out numerous posts to promote whatever it is they are promoting without actually engaging. Those are fairly useless Twitter followers because they don't take the time to read the posts, like, share, reply, engage, or visit.

Facebook is having some obvious issues with people with all the changes their making, so if you're getting started, I'm not sure that Facebook is the best place to get going. If I had no platform set up yet and were looking to get started, I'd probably start researching some other new platforms (even Google) and establish a presence their. You'll have less competition and be setting a foundation for a growing social media campaign.

setupdisc and Barbara Southwell like this.
  10. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

For me Facebook had been very useful to me in a lot of ways for so many years already and I am comfortable using this kind of social media site. That is why I don't have a Twitter account.

setupdisc likes this.
  11. thedeatheater123

thedeatheater123 Entrepreneur

Facebook being the more popular website is hands down better for marketing your products. But if you want to engage with your customers and notify them of new products or schemes, then Twitter is better. The algorithmic timeline of Facebook means there is a very strong chance that your post will never be seen on Facebook. Also because people primarily use Facebook to connect with friends and colleagues they will not like it if their feed is filled with your posts, so you can get unfollowed. Twitter is mostly used by the average users for following celebrities and brands, and as such you will have a better chance of engaging and taking feedback from customers on Twitter.

setupdisc likes this.
  12. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

FB is by far and away the most effective between the two for social media marketing. After all, FB had an ad platform long before Twitter came on board with theirs. As well, there is a huge difference overall in engagement with FB over Twitter. Users tend to spend far more time on FB over Twitter giving them more exposure to ads as well as different types of ads and social engagement features available that Twitter simply doesn't offer.

13. Spirit

Spirit Entrepreneur

From a business perspective I only use Twitter, but from a social perspective it has to be Facebook. I probably should set up a business Facebook page but I feel I spend enough guilty pleasure time on the site and I'm not resourced for someone else to do it for me. But given the recent woes at Twitter, who knows what form of social media we'll all be using in a few years time...

14. FreelancingQueen

FreelancingQueen Entrepreneur

I am rarely on Twitter, but I will say that many people in my area use Facebook as a place to sell their products. This includes just selling a random product every now and then and those who sell products regularly. I have sold a few items here and there on Facebook and I think if I had a marketable product to sell regularly I might do quite well. Facebook just seems to me to be a more personable way to stay in contact with other people. Twitter might be more popular in larger areas, but not so much in mine.

15. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Entrepreneur

This is all personal experience, but I've had more success with Facebook than with Twitter. In Facebook there's more back and forth communication between the public and my company, and I also feel that there's more engagement in the form of comments and likes, which doesn't really happen on Twitter. I use Twitter mainly for market research purposes (by setting up predetermined searches related to my content) and for getting to a bigger audience by asking and answering questions of a potential public. Facebook is more about "brand-public" interactions and Twitter is for interacting with strangers. At least that's what I've gotten from those two sites.

16. Kaia

Kaia Entrepreneur

I have used both Twitter and Facebook. I really liked them both, but I used LinkedIn to help me reach my best target market. I was targeting the self-employed and small business owner. LinkedIn often gets overlooked.

17. Sora

Sora Entrepreneur

Hi. :) Can you tell me how you used LinkedIn to help you with your business? My account there has been laying dormant and unused for a long time now. I'm planning to sell my art and craft work online, do you think LinkedIn will be helpful to me in this?

18. Kaia

Kaia Entrepreneur

I fleshed out my profile. I reached out to people I knew. Many were in my target market. I joined several LinkedIn groups especially ones that were local to me. I answered questions. I was active. I talked about my blog. My blog had tons of articles on it.

I am not sure if LinkedIn can help you. Who is your target market? Have you tried Instagram and Pinterest? I personally follow a couple of artists (photographers) on Instagram.

19. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I prefer using Twitter to Facebook due to the ease of navigating across the site. I am developing a liking for Facebook. It gives me this positive feeling that I am in a crowd especially when I feel lonely. I have one problem with both sites though. They don't have a revenue sharing button.

20. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I prefer using Twitter to Facebook due to the ease of navigating across the site. I am developing a liking for Facebook. It gives me this positive feeling that I am in a crowd especially when I feel lonely. I have one problem with both sites though. They don't have a revenue sharing button.