BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Exciting Times Ahead

Discussion in 'Planning Your Business' started by CoolSpot, Jun 25, 2015.

Share This Page

1. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

Hey Guys,

I am working on some pretty eciting stuff at the moment, currently doing some testing, Once I have all the data I will post up a case study here and on affiliate fix.

It's going to be ecommerce based, I'm also putting together a guide, well as long as all is good with the testing.

If I have worked this out right then should prove to be quite an interesting little project with massive sacalability.

azgold and T J Tutor like this.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I'm looking forward to seeing what this is! I really have no idea what it's going to be but you seem to have a good grasp on it. I wish you good luck! Let us know about the progress of your project and how we may help you in any way! I'm truly excited for you as well. I hope all goes well!

3. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

It's still in progress, have so much development work to do, integration with 3rd party systems etc. Thing is with so many parts everything I am working on at the moment all links back to it and progresses it that little bit further. Hoping to do a soft launch a few months into next year, then planning getting a stand at the start up expo and ecommerce expo next year.

4. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Keep us in the loop.

5. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

That's neat. I hope you get all the kinks worked out if any, and it goes well for you. I'm excited to see what you've come up with! Keep us updated.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

That's totally great to hear. I am definitely rooting for your success with it.

Keep us posted! :)

7. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

Part one of testing starts next week, then back to developing the system out depending on what I find is needed.

I have 5 mini start ups to test on the system

This is part one of the first.

Still need to find a plugin or something to write bar codes to an csv or xml file from a phone.

manual input is fine for small amounts but definitely want to make this as efficient as possible.

EF-Roger likes this.
  8. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

<-----waiting in anticipation. :D

9. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

Sounds interesting. Can we at least know if you are developing a product or a service? A few months is a long time to wait to see what you are working on. :)

10. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

It's a both,

a service aimed towards those looking to go self emplyed with limited rescourses, I am aming to get everything intergrated into one system. Initaly it's going to focus on e-commerce, for those with little idea of what their skills are, e-commerce is an excellent place to get started, with the hardest part choosing a product. I use a similer system for myself right now all be it a little more clunky, but I am devloping it when I can, adding in the featuers that save time and just make things run more smoothly. The goal is to make everything manageabule within a few hours a week and a vacation mode that rather than deactivates the account just turns on full automation, so current stock levels will be maintained with order automatiacaly going to suppliers and being paid, but this wont be for a while and requiers me to get a bigger property as I will most likly have to fullil the orders to make these features work.

So the 5 projects are for the second part of this wich is a product. Will be an ebook that will hopefuly be on amaozn ( I havnt looked into it yet, I will get it writen and then see the distrabution options avalibule) and possibuly clickbank. The ebook again will be fouced on the bootstrap ecommerce startup, and will act as a tutorial on a $75 a week budget, covering everything from setting up a VM to keep your buissnes seperate from your personal files. (Guide does explain that this is only requierd if you dont have a pc or laptop you can dedicate to a buisness) (It also covers backing up your files ) to choosing products, evaluating their profitabulity placing your first order, evaluating the supplier and eventualy will take you to the point of moving your customers from a 3rd party marketplace to your own ecommerce store. I will be releasing the guide with a few tools to help asses products for those that do not have a membership to the service.

There is still a fair amount to work out on both parts, when the I have devloped the system out to the point where it is ready for user testing I will let everyone know, as im sure there will be some people who will be wanting to test it out.

11. KenBrace

KenBrace Entrepreneur

Sounds interesting. I started an online business earlier this year so know how much work you must be going through. The hardest part is the first week or two after you launch. You'll have to go through a debugging stage before your site is able to run efficiently. The best of luck!

12. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

Ok, so ground work is done for test 1.

Verified supplier for products for this round of testing.
    Purchased SMALL amount of inventory to test the market (2-5 of 8 products).
    Running sales through amazon (ebay account if i can sort out a new paypal account).
    Subscription Service for the replaceable parts of the products I am providing along with other limited edition gifts.
    E-commerce site selling both the products on ebay and amazon as well as all replaceable products.
    Fulfilment is done by me.

The general idea of what I'm aiming to create is a circle of sale. The customer orders from ebay or amazon -> receives a product with promo flyers to try products from the store or a subscription for items. This will be linked together with further tests.

The system I am working on and hope to have finished is a backed system for managing all the variables involved such as profit calculation on items (these take into account things such as ebay/amazon/payment/import fees) and give you the value of the sale before placing your order to stock this item. as well as allowing listing of the products into all marketplaces.

The idea of the tests is to establish that the system works regardless of the product selected.

Eventually I do intend to start dropshipping services, but that's looking to be maybe 24 months down the line at this point

azgold and T J Tutor like this.
  13. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

@CoolSpot in the house! Keeping a watch on this, looking like it will be some fun.

14. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

Stores almost up, subscription site is in final stages, currently selling on ebay, and amazon, but amazon needs to be pulled apart to hit the selling mark at the same point as ebay.

T J Tutor likes this.
  15. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Wow, you are on fire! Sounds like you're flying through tons of work, do you sleep? :)

16. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

There will be time for sleep when the works done.

azgold likes this.
  17. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

First test is still in development, small issue with the market I was entering taking a slight shift and a change in ebay policy leaving me with limited outlets for the stock I already ordered. The final stages of the test should be starting within the next 2 months, then it's time to review.

Right now I am currently looking for the next market to test on, to start getting things prepped for that.

T J Tutor likes this.
  18. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

Sounds exciting, and you seem to be very dedicated. Keep us in the loop, I look forward to seeing where this goes.

19. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

I have my days as im sure most people do, where you start to question everything that your doing, i call these a needed day off. getting a little time away from what your working on helps to give you a better perspective on what it is your doing. My projects seem to always be on the large side, I'm not grate at "small business", I work on everything alone, a team of one, so it becomes real easy to get crushed under the weight of everything that needs to be done ( also takes forever and a day to get to the final stages). But it gives me a little freedom in what im doing everyday, I know at the moment for example, I have coding work to do, marketing, graphics and more product sourcing to do, by doing it all myself, i can wake up in the morning and if i feel like doing some graphics, rather than coding it's not such a big deal, where as other days I will be more inclined to do the coding than something creative, so it really dosnt make much of a difference as it all has to be done at some point.

azgold likes this.
  20. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

So I have been set up with a business mentor as part of getting funding. had to provide a business plan etc. Most of the funding I was looking for was for 2 things, large qty's of stock, and marketing. I was then told by my mentor, you dont need money for marketing, it's not important for a new business. I am sitting there thinking WTF, no marketing = no customers = no business, you cant tell me marketing is not important. Wish I could have found the study that coke did, when they removed all advertising from 1 state for 12 months and the sales on coke dropped by something like 95%, surely that shows the importance of marketing right there.

*edit*

It was a while ago that I read that study and I cannot for the life of me remember the keywords to find it or where it was, could very well have been posted in youngentrepreneur forums (we are talking easily 4-5 years ago when I read this)