BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

[​IMG]

That sound you hear at 11 a.m. Tuesday — those exultant cheers swiftly muffled by mouthfuls of English muffin, bacon, egg and cheese? They are the victory cries of thousands of McDonald’s breakfast lovers, who for the first time in 43 years will (officially) be able to consume Egg McMuffins at whatever time of day they deem fit. These are heady times, people.

But, as we celebrate the triumph of breakfast over the oppressive forces of socially-mandated mealtimes, it’s worth remembering that McDonald’s is neither the only or the first fast food provider to dish up the portable, delectable combination of egg, meat, cheese and bread. Breakfast sandwiches have been easing early morning routines since long before the golden arches ever graced an American skyline. Their rise to prominence parallels the emergence of the modern worker — overworked, underpaid and hungry. And their unfailing success, regardless of time period or time of day, is a testament to two essential facts: everyone needs breakfast, and everyone is too busy to make it themselves.

Read more http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/06/excited-to-eat-egg-mcmuffins-all-day-the-long-and-surprising-history-of-the-egg-and-whatever-sandwich/

2. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

McDonald's is so gross and their food is fake. The picture doesn't even look good. Can't believe people still eat that stuff. Oh wait...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

But with the popularity of the brand, other people must think that it does taste good and be willing to spend their money there otherwise they wouldn't be one of the most famous brands in the world.

I have to say that I agree with you, and I'm not a fan of McDonald's either, but they're not aiming their food at people's specific tastes like ours, they're appealing to the masses, and the masses are lapping it up.

4. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

This really opens a big door for McDonald's business wise, it seems like every other year they have to come up with something to compete with other fast food brands like KFC, Chipotle and In&Out. You have to give it to them, they're number 1 for a reason. Best example I can give is from my own experiences, I was no longer interested in eating from McDonald's because of the 'health craze' but since they have the Mcmuffin and pancakes that I crave for every night when I was in college then I won't mind spending my money there again. All day breakfast is a blessing for us who rush to work and miss breakfast because now we can have it for lunch.

5. nailah783

nailah783 Entrepreneur

I love McDonald's breakfast. The only thing that used to stop me from eating it all the time is that it was over before I got a chance to get some. Now, no excuses. It's not healthy though, so I guess not everyday. It tastes good, who cares if it's fake food? What does that even mean anyway?

6. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

Not everyone will love McDonald's and they're quite okay with that. That's just how the market is - likes and dislikes. I could easily find myself from time to time ordering a breakfast item in the middle of the day or late evening. That is not an indication that many people want this option. I don't know what the results were for surveys done, but it seems like a desperate move to be profitable. I hope it works. I think it's fresh and inventive, but I also agree that perhaps they should take a look at fresher, healthier menu items. Many highly profitable chains have become aware that eating healthy is now a priority of many persons wanting fast-food. McDonald's needs to consider this idea also.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think the calls for McDonald's to start serving the breakfast menu all day as been around for some time now, and in a way this shows that they have listened to their customers and eventually giving them what they want.

They'll have obviously worked out that they'll make more money as well of course and its not just about being customer friendly.