BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

By now I'm assuming many of you are familiar with the prototypical "squeeze page" that many internet marketers use to peddle a whole slew of get rich quick schemes, low quality internet marketing training programs and other junk on the internet. Sites like Warrior Forum and JVZoo are ripe with these kinds of offers and sites.

One aspect of them in particular which really drives me nuts is how they go way overboard with all the "teasers". If you're not familiar with these, you've certainly experienced them even if you didn't know there was a name for them. A teaser is basically when the person making the sales pitch keeps dropping promises here and there of what they are eventually going to get to - it's the "more on that in a minute" type stuff they keep mentioning over and over again during their sales pitch.

If you've ever been watching a promotional video on a web site, where they are pitching you about some amazing new internet marketing method, or some amazing new internet marketing tool, and you're wondering why it's taking them forever to just get to the point and stop rambling on and on with promises about what they will be eventually revealing, there is a reason for that. Time on site. It's the same thing with excessively long squeeze pages which take forever to get to the point. The longer you sit there and read all that crap, the longer you are on their site. The longer you are on their site, the better it looks to Google. If Google is ranking their site on the first page of the SERPs and they notice a high percentage of people who click on those listings are bouncing off their site within seconds, Google will see that as a bad thing and start to lower their rankings.

I know people are just trying to make some money and want their sites to rank well, but this method is being far too overused these days imo. And personally, it drives me up a wall when I see this. Are any of you actively doing this with your sites? Do you find it worth the trouble as opposed to just getting straight to the point with your prospective customers?