BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

Honestly I still prefer Google for a serious search, the filters work better. But I use Bing as a homepage and casual search. I also click on the news ribbon to see what is going on in the world. That way I pretty effortlessly earn enough to pay for my Hulu--one less bill I need cash for :)

2. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I have heard about Bing points, however, I have never tried this. Can you explain how this works, for instance how much points we are awarded for searching, clicking the links, and what is the cash value of each click?

3. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Never heard of Bing points. Is it available outside the U.S.?

4. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

I think it is probably just US right now: bing.com/rewards
    You get points for online and mobile search, just clicking the news ribbon on the Bing home page counts as a search. It is not going to make you rich but it is a way to get some compensation for something I would be doing anyway. There are various different rewards lie Amazon gift cards and free Hulu.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I have already heard before that you can earn money through Bing Points/Rewards. I haven't tried it yet though. I think it's only available to US.

6. K

K Entrepreneur

How exactly do they work? I've never heard of this?

7. azgold

Well, poo!

Bing Rewards isn't available in this country or region.
    Currently, only US residents located in the US, are eligible for Bing Rewards

8. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

I have used Bing Rewards, and I can honestly tell you that it hasn't been that rewarding.

The search results are really bad when compared to Google, and Microsoft looks for any way they can to disqualify people over even their own misunderstanding of what you are doing while searching (if you log in from a different IP than usual with your laptop - even at a wifi hotspot where it isn't possible to be on the same IP as at home without a VPN), they can send you a termination email. If you are searching for something that is similar to something else and they "think" it is not a legitimate search (even though it IS), then they can disqualify you and terminate your account for that, too.

Microsoft seems to be used to messing with people and telling them what to do, and Bing is no exception to that rule.

I did get a few $5 cards from it here and there over the course of a few months, but they really messed with a friend of mine in this way. After the 4th or 5th month, they started to get on my case because I had to travel a lot with my laptop, and didn't always have a VPN ready to connect to give them search traffic that "they" approve of. So I stopped using them even though I have a valid account. It's not worth it, and as I said the search results are just junk compared to Google.

I understand that Microsoft is trying to prevent abuse on their system, and there's no question that there are clearly people out there who are doing that.

But there is also no question that Microsoft is clearly abusing honest users who sign up with their system, disqualifying them for trivial reasons, and then pretending they are valid and just in their action to do so.

I don't put up with stuff like that, especially not from Microsoft. When they have an operating system that is not intentionally exploitable, then maybe they can come back and tell me how to do my searches. Until then, they can sink or swim. Not my bag honestly.

If you're just doing basic searches on everyday things that are not of importance, then it can be ok to eventually get a $5 card after a month or two of searching for things they want to see. For anything serious, I wouldn't bother.

9. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I feel left out because Bing points are only available for the US. You will awarded points for searching on Bing and clicking on links. You can cash out at 100 points.

10. azgold

Me, too. :(

I would have thought they would expand it to other countries.

Maybe Google is involved in CPA marketing for Netflix. :)