BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Entrepreneur Fashion brand

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Daniel Dabati, Dec 9, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Daniel Dabati

Daniel Dabati Entrepreneur

Hi

My name is Daniel, I am the creative director for an online fashion startup Dabati Clothing , I also work as a support worker full time looking after people with mental health but I have always known that I will start my own business as I was born in a family business in textiles manufacturing.
    Originally from Nigeria it's hard too meet like minded people here in the UK as as I did not school here which gives a great opportunity for networking hence why I have come on here to meet great minds and people that have more experience than I do.

Thanks to the internet and entrepreneur fix.

I look forward to speaking to anyone with interest.

Yours faithfully

T J Tutor likes this.

2. Andre Habib

Andre Habib Entrepreneur

Hey Daniel,

I just created an account just to answer to your post !
    I'm actually planning on opening my own online fashion brand soon with my drawings as a base for creativity. If you want to share idea's let me know! I'm located in Montreal, Canada

When it comes to clothing it all comes down to quality of the product I believe also the brand name. Recognition of those two things have to wow the audience before you can actually start making a difference.

Daniel Dabati likes this.
  3. Daniel Dabati

4. Daniel Dabati

Hey Habib,

Thanks for stopping by that is fantastic ,Quality first over everything I agree , I also believe having a culture with your brand is very important, knowing who your target customers are and knowing how to speak their language which can be a real challenge I believe, by the way I live in the UK and I am working with the fashion design students at the moment creating some new designs.

Andre Habib likes this.
  5. Andre Habib

Andre Habib Entrepreneur

That's really cool and yeah I completely agree about the language behind it I would suggest you visit brands that could be potential competitors and get inspired by how they present themselves in writing such as their goals and mission. That's what I'm going to do before I start production. But I still have to choose my target market... The fashion industry is just way too competitive so I'm a bit iffy about the whole thing.

6. Daniel Dabati

I guess that is why we have to have a culture that will differentiate you from the crowd, yes it is a very competitive market hence why it will take a lot of patience and hard work to break into the market.

Financing the business has to be carefully considered and actually how to sell your items which is the ultimate goal, without sales no one has a business .

please check my website through google, it's called Dabati and tell me what you think sincerely,I know being the brand owner there are things I will be blind to.

7. Andre Habib

Andre Habib Entrepreneur

Overall, the website looks very clean and organized but there's some things I would personally change the font for SHOP NOW !!! for example feels like it doesn't fit there also the top part of your website the simple quote you have on top is nice although it's presentation is lacking I find it doesn't really catch me eye to be honest and its the first thing you see on the website.

Another thing I would change is the alignment of the prices. To me it looks disorganized and I would create a different webpage for more details for each article. For example, only leaving basic information on the browsing page such as name and price then create another page to define each product with a small description for what it can be worn with it or wtv and its composition.

Attached Files:

8. Daniel Dabati

Thank you very much Habib, I have noted that and looking at it now I can see where you are coming from, one other challange for me is to drive free traffic to the website, I have Instagram, Facebook and twitter however they are not generating enough traffic and I believe I need to up the the game of my contents which I am working towards now.

9. Andre Habib

Andre Habib Entrepreneur

I would say follow social media that are similar to yours, then follow people on their list and unfollow them once you gain their love with likes and stuff. Also, optimize how you portray yourself. Use keywords to come up on searches and look more prestigious or whatever look you're going for.

10. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Hello @Daniel Dabati , welcome to EntrepreneurFix! It's great to have you join us.

We have quite few new members in the clothing and textile industry as well.

Hope to hear more about your businesses. Looking forward to your posts and threads.

See you around the forums.

T J

Ellic likes this.
  11. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Ellic and Daniel Dabati like this.
  12. Daniel Dabati

Thank you for this great advise Habib , How i portray myself as an individual or as a business ? with the way things are at the moment I guess I am the brand as I wear my products to showcase the brand on social media once every week which I am not sure if it is necessarily a good thing or bad but I guess people tend to put a face to the brand ?

13. Daniel Dabati

14. Ellic

Ellic Entrepreneur

@Daniel Dabati @Andre Habib Hi guys, your threat caught my eye. It's great to see this and to read about your work and experience.. I live in Melbourne and I'm sure you all agree wherever we are, the fashion industry is hard to break in! I love to design but my issue with when contacting people regarding manufacturing they require minimum of 100 units per design. I only want to trial the market on a smaller production to see what people really like..I would love any advice since you're already living the dream :)

T J Tutor and Daniel Dabati like this.
  15. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Likewise~!

Ellic likes this.