BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What do you think of the website?

1. Perfect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Good

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Alright

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Share This Page

1. Emojis Faces

Emojis Faces Entrepreneur

Emojis Faces - #1 Retailer for Emoji Masks

Intro

Hi guys, my name is Chris, i'm from Montreal, Canada and i'm 18 years old, my partner and I just started our first business ever a couple of months ago it's called EMOJISFACES. Prior to that we didn't have any experience or knowledge on building a website, an audience, ordering products, etc. We started it mostly to learn and to make a little extra cash.

The idea

We won't lie, we didn't come out with this idea by ourselves, we saw what the guys at Needwant did with Emojismasks and thought we could give it a shot too. Not a lot of people around us here in Montreal had heard about it so we planned on focusing more around here. This was in mid-July so we had to act fast to be ready for Halloween.

The execution

We finally started to work on it at the end of July, it took us a week or so to find a good supplier in China and make sure they were right for us and trustworthy. We hear way too often stories about entrepreneurs getting fooled on Alibaba or elsewhere and we didn't want it to happen to us. We first ordered samples and once we had the product we wanted we made the big order.

It was now time to build a website, we were supposed to get the products before the end of August so we knew we had less than a month to figure it out. After reading a lot on the subject and trying a couple of platforms we ended up using Shopify. We were surprised how easy it was to understand even for people like us who had never done anything like that. We then bought our domain on GoDaddy, took some pictures of the masks and learned how to use photoshop to crop them and stuff and in a week or two the website was ready to go.

The problems

Everything couldn't go that smoothly, it had to happen. The production was supposed to take 20 days + 4-5 days for shipping. Instead it took them almost 50 days of production and the shipping took an exta 10 days. We were getting really upset and worried that we wouldn't get them on time. Finally last week DHL noticed us that the package was at the borders. We couldn't pay the taxes by ourselves because the shipment was too big so we had to figure out how to get a broker to be able to get the goods.

Conclusion

I think we've learned more in the last two months by trying and finding ways to get everything to work that we could have learn in a year of school. We knew it wouldn't be easy but would have never thought it would be so demanding especially for a little business like that. It has been so an incredible experience and couldn't be more excited about finally lauching it today.

All we can say is stop thinking about starting a business and start doing. Even if it fails you won't ever lose the experience and your next venture will only be more succesful.

PS: Sorry if it's not perfectly written, english is not my first language.

TL;DR We started our first business and it has been quite a roller coaster so far but we couldn't be more happy we did it and you should do it too :)

Emojis Faces - #1 Retailer for Emoji Masks

4243.jpg 12105796_10156069479150290_7534063837890217347_n.jpg 11807039_10206083055887696_1153156052_o.jpg

EF-Roger likes this.

2. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Glad you made it here.

Emojis Faces likes this.
  3. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Congrats on launching your business. Now would be time to get your website advertised as soon as possible. Anyways, if someone in the USA were to want to buy a mask, could they? I do not see shipping cost added at all. Also, If you would like to add your business in our directory here then feel free to do so. If you need any help then feel free to let me or any of the other admins know. You can PM me anytime and I'd get back to you ASAP.

You may add your business at Business Showcase | Entrepreneur Forum | EntrepreneurFix & best of luck!

Emojis Faces likes this.
  4. Emojis Faces

Thank you very much William, where do you think we should advertise? Would you recommend us to use Adwords or Facebook Ads or another way ? Yeah we ship in the US too, we you add a product in your cart and checkout you should see the shipping cost.

Thanks for your help it's really appreciated.

5. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Other than here, via social media and search engine. Other forums, traffic exchanges & safelists. Some stores may want to sell in their stores so that is another way, see if there is any interested in that. May want to also have a way for those people whom maybe interested to subscribe.

Emojis Faces likes this.
  6. Emojis Faces

Alright thanks, we'll look into that!