BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ecommerce Clothing Brand

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Quest, Aug 28, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Quest

Quest Entrepreneur

I've had a pretty nice logo made and some simple designs for my tshirts. Monday I'll be having a model wearing one of the t-shirts for advertising pics. I've setup the website using shopify and its looks pretty professional. I've pretty much got everything done except getting sales. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start marketing?

T J Tutor likes this.

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

So, is this your own clothing line, or are you just putting your logo on an white label product?

Is it actually a clothing brand, or are you selling t-shirts only?

3. Quest

Quest Entrepreneur

I am putting my logo on clothing that I purchase right from a USA manufacturer. There are t-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, and soon to be hats.

T J Tutor likes this.
  4. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

hi @Quest ; May be, first and the foremost is positioning of you product in the market.

Then the way you start with business is to first know your own strength of your preset community.
    Based on that you draw a circle around each. Example " Family and friends one circle, Media and publishing another circle, local shopping center another circle etc .. " , work with each circle and keep spreading the words - by adding special discounts, offers etc. Make sure each of these circles are interconnected so in future all these will become into one big giant circle.

Best wishes....

5. bob1978

bob1978 Entrepreneur

Apparel is a visual sort of product - people will want to see how it looks like before they consider buying it. So if you're thinking about promoting on social media, then Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and maybe also Facebook are good platforms to start. Twitter is full of bots and such, so I can't say if it'll work for you. Facebook is mixed as always, you won't know how well it works until you try it with your particular campaign. Instagram is probably your best bet - it helps to communicate with people as well, by leaving comments, and liking their posts.

Regardless of whichever platforms you decide on using, the best way forward is typically on submitting good interesting content. In your case, photos needs to be professional. It needs to say something more, besides just showing the product on the model. Unless your designs are hyper interesting, you need another way of selling your apparel. You need to start selling your brand, and that requires selling a message, an idea, a style. You can have a look at some apparel brands on IG - examine how they sell their products, notice how the message fits in with the brand and the look of the images. So study that, and understand how to sell your brand.

Consider partnering with other brands as well as a way to promote.

6. olgab

olgab Entrepreneur

Instagram sounds promising for this kind of thing, you can easily reach large audience of people, but you probably should post a lot to get noticed by people.