BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

Advertising one's products or services is one way how to build or attract customers or clients. In fact most businesses had their own style of advertisements which they think that they had an edge over their competitors. Sometimes the consumers are always looking at their different advertisements and is always thinking which is the best one that they should choose. If you are the customer does advertisements attract your attention easily?

VirtualGlobalPhone and T J Tutor like this.

2. Novelangel

Novelangel Entrepreneur

It depends on the person, I think. Personally, I can play games on my phone for quite a while, completely ignoring the pop up ads that always accompany them. Other people may scream themselves to exhaustion over those very same ads. While driving, I usually ignore billboards and concentrate instead on road signs and such. When I'm the passenger, however, then I notice the advertisements as we go by. I think in a lot of ways the current forms of advertising are ineffective. When the commercials come on TV, people leave the room to go to the bathroom, or get a snack. When a commercial comes on the radio, they switch the channel. On our computer screens we click off or ignore the ads. There must be a better way to advertise, but we just haven't discovered it yet.

Valerie likes this.
  3. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

I'm in agreement with Novelangel. To me, it depends on the ad. Sometimes I can ignore any advertisement that pops up if I'm transfixed on whatever I'm watching/reading/doing at that moment. Yet, if I'm bored and just scrolling, I get squirrelly and go after anything that moves. Certain commercials, like Youtube ads, just make me turn down the volume or stretch or look away. I get up if something has to play. Unfortunately people have indeed begun to avert their attention elsewhere when it comes to advertisements.

4. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

It depends on the ads and how intrusive they are. I use AdBlock in my browser but whitelist websites that I frequent and that offer good ads that I will be interested in. When I was in South Africa, I was blown away by how funny and well done many the ads were, I loved them and they definitely had an effect on my wallet. Certain advertisements are really good, especially short and to the point ones. Otherwise I use the time to browse on my phone rather than watch it.

5. Biju

Biju Entrepreneur

Honestly, no. Anything on TV, mobile ads, google ads, etc. just irritate me. We live in a society where there are tons of adverts everywhere. People, especially kids, are learning how to shut that noise out. Grassroots marketing and word of mouth is the way to go. The best way to get exposure and have people take you seriously is if it becomes a viral sensation.

6. tackykardia

tackykardia Entrepreneur

It depends on the ad. If it's something I'm interested in or that seem interesting. I used to use adblock, but I don't think I have it on here anymore since I upgraded. Those flashing or bright ads catch my attention and I try to read what they say.

7. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

I am not into advertising but as a consumer, I understand that there are catchy advertisements particularly on tv which are provided by celebrity endorsers. But there are also some tv advertisements which have substance so the endorser does not matter. What catches my eye are advertisements that are related to me. For example, a tv commercial of a bank would be interesting to me because I work in a bank. One about a home would also be interesting because I have a home... and all of us have a home so that advertisement will appeal to the majority.

setupdisc likes this.
  8. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Entrepreneur

They wil lalways do as long as they have good information, images and colors on it, otherwise it is just going to be like another person passing by my side out the street, an advertisement is something that should and msut be well made in order to catch people's attention, an unproperly made advertisement will never get the product anywhere.

setupdisc likes this.
  9. jona

jona Entrepreneur

Nope, not at all. When I still used to watch TV I would never watch anything live, I recorded everything in order to skip the ads. On the rare occasions that I watched live TV when the ads came I simply switched channels or ignored them completely. It is very easy to simply zone out and don't pay attention to ads.

The only ads that have a modicum of success with me are heavily targeted online ads because the subject matter is usually relevant to my search history.

I am also more likely to pay attention to ads on niche publications, for instance, if I am reading a body building magazine I am more likely to pay attention to the ads since they are probably related to the material that I am choosing to consume, so niche is the way to go.

setupdisc likes this.
  10. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

Fоr sоmе industriеs, аn impасtful phоtо саn соmmuniсаtе а thоusаnd wоrds. Соnsidеr аnti-smоking саmpаigns wоrldwidе. Mоst inсludе а smаrt grаphiс thаt gеts thе pоint асrоss withоut quеstiоn--сrеаting аn instаnt соnnесtiоn with viеwеrs.Thе nеxt timе yоu'rе driving dоwn thе intеrstаtе, tаkе nоtе оf thе billbоаrds thаt drаw yоu in аnd thоsе yоu glоss оvеr, аnd аsk why. Likеly, thе imаgеs еliсitеd а strоng еmоtiоn оr prоmptеd yоu tо think аbоut а tоpiс in а nеw wаy.

setupdisc likes this.
  11. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

That's always ideal, regardless of whether it's online or off. Word-of-mouth is, by far, the best form of advertising. Assuming it's favourable about your biz/products, of course. :)

Re ads, I find some of them annoying, i.e. when I think I'm clicking to something but get an adult ad popup instead. But, being in that industry (CPA/IM, not adult :)), I understand that they're (advertisers in general) just trying to make a living. And some ads are done well. That's the key, I think. A good - funny, really interesting, visually appealing, whatever - ad will capture the intended audience's attention. It does mine.

setupdisc likes this.
  12. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

It isn't if we are customers. We are all customers. As David Ogilvy liked to say, "The consumer isn't a moron. She is your wife". In other words, we are all among the milling herd of civilization. We are all part of the formula, and we are all influenced by the parts of our environment that we can relate to.

Think about stuff like the GEICO ads, and the Progressive ads, Super bowl ads, etc. All so well thought out that they grab our attention with humor, grammar, diction, colors, drama, and on and on and on...

13. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

I honestly do the opposite or feel the opposite of what is advertised if it's a form of video or audio media. I don't really get sold on what the majority does, or see it differently, and as such it tends to have the opposite effect than what they may have wanted.

If it's something that I need and they can actually show or correlate delivery to necessity, then with that they are able to identify with what I would want or need to buy a product for and make a successful sale.

Otherwise, if they're appealing to trends, pop-culture, social positioning, or any other aspect of their delivery, it's going to be a turn-off to me and my wallet rather than a turn-on and not yield the results they were after.

If they're looking for majority, then they can still sell the majority on what it is they are doing that way. For me personally, they would have to use a much different approach or a more unorthodox yet respectful one to have the appeal still, and land the sale they are looking for, even if it's a higher dollar amount than their competitors.

I actually resent the flashy ads and attempts at subliminal messages to the point I avoid any ads that I can or even suspect may be that way just from the first 1 or 2 seconds. They have become much worse and more blatant about that than ever before, and it's been a contributing factor of why I no longer have any desire to watch cable TV or anything with ads that can't be filtered out by adblock or something else when present.

T J Tutor likes this.
  14. azgold

I think a fair number of people feel as you do, which is why AdBlock is so popular.

15. Nathaneal

Nathaneal Entrepreneur

People are pulled in by hundreds of advertisements even day... If they say there aren't, they are just used to it. Or maybe they could be right. But likely wrong... hahahah Theres a reason why people spend so much money on marketing, or why you can spit out company phrases like you created them yourself. The best ads don't come off as selling or Ads at all.

16. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@ReadmeByAmy ; Best ads with motivating , powerful , truthful words always attracts.

Important thing to note is how long a product or service stays in the minds of consumer longer . That's possible only with unique , large audience focused attractive ad / marketing campaign.

17. azgold

Yes, I think people are inundated these days. I imagine that it costs more to get consumers to pay attention to your ads than it used to, simply because it's easy to get lost in the sea of advertisements.

Nathaneal and VirtualGlobalPhone like this.