BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. K

K Entrepreneur

A big part of building your own companies and businesses is that you have to drop everything and work when needed.

So my question to you is, do you work on the weekends or are you able to shut everything off and walk away?

2. augustinus

augustinus Entrepreneur

yeah, i work on weekends but just few hours :D then just relax

3. Deon Christie

Deon Christie Entrepreneur

I love creating content, so, do I work over weekends? Hell, yeah!

4. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

I work 7 days a week and almost 24 hours. However, I got to sleep sometime.

5. Deon Christie

I know the feeling. Success is hard work!

6. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

that it is. Those who are not willing to put forth the needed time/effort can work a 9am-5pm job.

7. Deon Christie

True that. You'd be amazed at how many requests I get from people asking - "How can I make money for free, and quick" - My general response normally result to - "Good luck with that"

8. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

I usually get a fair amount of research and implementation done on the weekends.

9. Andy

Andy Entrepreneur

I can do both if I'm being honest. I do work weekends sometimes and always keep an eye on things but I feel a huge part of actually being an entrepreneur (and one of the main reasons to be one) is to be able to create time for yourself.

It's too easy to work too much and before you know it can feel like your effort starts diminishing. Theres no doubt that owning/running a business takes a lot of hard work, late nights and dedication but there comes a point when you start counting hours for the sake of it instead of achieving goals.

It's important to step back, regather, spend some time with family and come back to it feeling motivated and productive IMO, does anyone else agree?

10. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

YEP! If you don't take time to reward yourself, you may get disillusioned in the purpose of your efforts.

11. Faneendra Kumar

Faneendra Kumar Entrepreneur

Yes, I work over the weekends ... available most of the time.

12. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Yes I do. Down through the years when asked to work Saturdays and sometimes Sundays, I volunteered.

13. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I am not running any kind of business yet ,but my father does, and yes, he still works every Saturday. He does half-day work on Sundays though.

As for me, since I am a freelance writer, I still work every weekend, depending on my schedule.

14. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

I work every weekend. I get too sucked in and I feel like a day wasted is a day I could have made money and didn't. I prefer to work every single day of the week. Get 'er done.

15. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

Before when I had still my own business I am really focus working even during the weekend and also when I managed my sister business when I am not still married. If you are the owner of a certain business you should give all your time, effort, dedication and hard work if you want to be successful in your business. Right now since I had an online job depending on the work timetable I am working also even during the weekend.

16. wahmkerrie

wahmkerrie Entrepreneur

I work every single day, even though I would like to take Sundays off entirely. I do end up getting a couple of hours of work done Sunday morning and then I shut it off for the rest of the day to go to church and then just be with my family and plan for the week. I have to take time off or I get burnt out entirely. Also when we take a short vacation I won't take my laptop so I'm not tempted to sneak in work. Having the iPhone is bad enough! My proofing clients often need someone to do a 24-hour job and it pays more so I like to be available.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

If I can avoid it then I'll try to have two days off away from work. It's a chance to catch up on other things and also a chance to recharge your batteries.

Of course depending in your work load that's not always possible but if you don't, there's always that risk of burning yourself out.

wahmkerrie likes this.
  18. wahmkerrie

wahmkerrie Entrepreneur

Yes, I like how you put that ... recharge your batteries! I feel like I should work every day since I only am able to fit in about 4 hours of work each day :)

19. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Sometimes it does get too much and no matter if you do want to work 24/7 you have to make sure, sometimes even force yourself to take that break you might not feel you need, but after it you've known its done you a lot of good.

20. ElShaddai1234

ElShaddai1234 Entrepreneur

This is an extremely difficult question. Passion (often) overrides all rational work boundaries, yet experiencing burn out taught me the big 'B' word: Balance, balance and more balance. Do what is required & above all enjoy yourself, however not at the expense of oneself :)