BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

Hey guys,

I am currently looking into the possibility of setting up web based businesses for people who want to start working for themselves.

The business will all be eCommerce based and come with the following.
    All stores will be given with suppliers for the product types you are wishing to sell.
    Drop ship suppliers can also be arranged for your site.
    Site Logo

How many of you guys would be interested in this?
    Would you also want the hosting and domain name provided or would you rather sort this out for yourself?

What would you expect to pay / be happy paying for the full set up?

Thanks

2. jona

jona Entrepreneur

What is preventing you from selling the products yourself from a single website?
    What type of products? If I were to have one of these sites what I am expected to do? Promotion? Shipping and handling?

If I get your point you are offering some kind of turn key solution e commerce site, would you be the main suppliers pf the products? Do I have to maintain a minimum sales level?

3. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

What prevents me from running the sites is mainly the following:

I dont have a location for holding stock.
    I dont have funds required to stock an entire ecommerce store.
    I also dont have the required funds for effectively marketing an ecommerce site.

What I do have is web design and development experience and experience locating suppliers for products. So basically, I'm looking to leverage the skills that I have to create some working capital.

I wont be the supplier for the products, but I will put you in touch with suppliers for any product types that you need.

You are correct, It's a turnkey ecommerce system, just with the added bonus of being put in touch with suppliers and or drop shippers for the products you are wanting to sell.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, let me know :)

4. jona

jona Entrepreneur

Ok, so your catch is the fact that you can put people in contact with suppliers that can provide you of merchandise to sell. Well, that at least that sets you apart because if you want to sell your own stuff it is easy to find ready to use e commerce solutions or simply use ebay.

You could create some kind of market place for suppliers that are looking to sell products to people that are willing to promote them and handle the shipping and handling, or perhaps some kind of preliminar assembly of the products to make them ready to be sold.

People could visit your site and see offerings of products with some description of the type of work that is required or expected to fulfill the expected orders that are going to come. This could work in particular with overseas providers that want to introduce their goods to the country.

Michka.Martina likes this.
  5. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

Adding in the functionality of a full stock catalog (much like an ecommerce site) into the back end of the admin panel, so you can simply browse and order your stock all from your admin panel is an idea I have been playing with. I had originally been thinking this would be a feature more used in drop shipping, (go to stock order page, have a button for add to product catalog and then have the order forwarded straight to the supplier and the payment made either at a set time every day or as soon as the order has been placed.) going with the same idea for a wholesale order I suppose you could add the products and qty wanted, and instead of having the orders sent straight to the supplier, have proforma invoice requests sent to the supplier when the user clicks add to site. But this is a ways off at the moment as it needs to be developed and integrated into 3rd party systems then obviously tested to ensure that all is working correctly.

So basically what I am looking at now, is more of the MVP of that system.

6. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I am also stuck in a rut. I want to start a small recruiting agency but I don't know where to start. I get the jobs posted from another website by different individuals including their contacts which they post together with the job advert. I have done some advertising and there is some response. Essentially, I want to be a linkman between jobseekers and the people who post jobs to the website daily. I am wondering how to go about it and how to get my commission.

7. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

If you already have the jobs ready, sign up to sites like indeed as an employee and you will get access to every registered members cv, then just call or email suitable candidates. I put this as the main reason when I start looking for jobs I end up inundated with mass amounts of spam.

8. Michka.Martina

Michka.Martina Entrepreneur

I would like to try something like this since I am currently trying to get into retail as one of my business ideas, make and sell my products,looking specifically into baby products and handbags. I haven't started making stuff yet,biggest challenge apart from getting investments is getting good quality materials at affordable prices to make these products. I also have the added challenge of all the way in Jamaica. Its not easy to get supplies to this part but I could find ways to get them if I acquire them. I would do the eCommerce store especially and link with sites like amazon and ebay, since they are highly used for online shopping and then gradually introduce my branded products to my store. As for pricing, I'm not sure what would be a comfy enough price range for both of us. New to this...