BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

My first experience with meditation was way back in 2008 when I did a course from Art of Living. I have been regularly practicing meditation. It has helped in improved focus, concentration and a sound sleep. I feel relaxed and at peace after meditating. It keeps my stress levels low.
    Do you meditate?

2. Kaia

Kaia Entrepreneur

Yes! I have been meditating since late 2005. A friend invited me to her spiritual center. It focused on meditation. She no longer attends the center, but I still do. Meditation has helped me to develop a calmness, focus and clarity. Meditation has helped me to handle some really interesting challenges in my life. I get a lot of insight and great ideas while meditating too. I am very grateful to have developed a meditation practice.

3. Andorphin

Andorphin Entrepreneur

I meditate from time to time. It's a good way to relieve stress and to calm myself down after a long day. Sometimes I even use music on the background when I meditate and try to incorporate some deep breathing. I've heard that it can have a good impact on clear thinking and trains your brain to calm down and take control of difficult situations. As you say, meditation also helps me focus better and relax :)

4. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

Usually a few times a week just to have clarity and better focus for the next move or the next big step with something. Having tranquility and silence can help you address important thoughts and develop answers when there are few or no outside distrctions. Whether you look at it from the spiritual or the mental empowerment aspect, it is good for you to do to help move forward with less stress and more certainty in life.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

In a word no. To be honest I've never really been into anything like that, and not only that, I very rarely have enough time in the day to do what I'm doing now, so stopping to meditate isn't an option.

I have friends who own their own businesses that meditate, do yoga, attend self help groups, and I think...how do you find time to do all that and then get everything else done?

Maybe I need to look at my time management skills?!

setupdisc likes this.
  6. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I practice various kinds of meditation. I have tried Mindful Meditation, Transcendental Meditation, Guided Meditation, Zen Meditation etc. However, in my experience, the most powerful meditation technique is Mindful Meditation.

7. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

I have not been actively trying to meditate. I have heard of all the wonderful benefits gained when practicing...I may try to put it in my routine. I sure need some way to alleviate stress in my hectic life.

8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I don't really do serious meditation. Once in a while, whenever I feel stressed and depressed, I would just close my eyes, take deep breaths, and think happy/positive thoughts. It sure does work for me.

9. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

Last year I was going through a tough time and used a well-known meditation app and it actually helped me calm down and change my perspective on many things. I fell out of it, now that you mention it I might use it again. I think meditation has many benefits.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

I have gone through some pretty tough times in my life, mostly personal matters, and I have found that meditation is a very helpful tool for organization when it comes to thoughts. I am not even sure that I was doing it correctly and using the right method or whatever, but even that and just having some time alone to think is really a positive experience that everyone should try.

11. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

I used to have meditation sessions when I was training martial arts, several years ago. I'm thinking seriously to start yoga. I'm sure it will do me good, specially for reducing the stress caused by the daily routine.