BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Nancy

Nancy Entrepreneur

Do you work constantly? Or do you take breaks and forget work altogether? Do you work only certain hours or days and have specific times away from work? Please tell us how you achieve work/rest balance in your life.

2. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

My life seems to really go in waves. When I was just starting up my business I never went out, probably for about a year or so. Then I started to slowly go out more, then it got to be too much, then it was not ever, back to a little more...and so on and so on. It is good to keep a nice balance, but work always does take priority for me so it is good knowing that I am okay working a lot if I really need to.

3. jona

jona Entrepreneur

I once heard this guy on a podcast, I wish I could remember the guy's name, he was talking about something that really made me think about the whole work life balance thing. He said that the whole balance thing is a myth, what you should do is think like a farmer: There are going to be periods of your life where you are going to be very busy because you are constructing something, that is, you are sowing, then harvesting season will come and you will be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor, you will, literally, reap what you sow so now you are going to have more time for family, friends and the like.

The general message is that, sometimes, if you are starting something new, your personal life will suffer, but, just as a farmer going trough the seasons, that's how it works, in cycles, not this perfectly balanced life of work and life.

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  4. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

Having no life is bad. Some years ago when I was striving to be a manager, I almost had no time for the family which caused a spat between me and my husband. Now I realized that he was right on having time for the family because work will never be done. Even if you are a businessman with your hands full, you have to set aside ample time for the family, not only for their sake but also for your sake. Bonding time with the family gives us peace of mind.

5. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

you should split it into several different sections to balance life, not taking sides at all.

6. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

My life revolves most of my waking hours so I have very little personal life. However, I was one told that it does depend on what kind of business your in but most of the time it is like you would be married to your computer.

CoolSpot likes this.
  7. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I have life outside my business. When I am not working,I interact with my friends and relatives, I go to movie with loved ones, I go for hiking and trekking. I also enjoy gardening and cooking. When I get involved with fun filled activities, I become more creative

8. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

Couldn't have said it better.

Even when I did go out with friends, I would see them all on their phones, playing games/talking to people not there, and would think, well, whats the point, if I go out it's for social interaction, which seems to be missing since the rise of the smart phone, it does however give the ability to go out and work at the same time, so while they are there playing candy crush, I can research products, do some general admin work on my store, keep on top of messages and emails. Probably not a good idea if you like to have a bit of a drink and then decide now is the time you need to talk to clients though.

9. ianternet

ianternet Entrepreneur

you need balance, i tell and preach this so much. when i was starting out i was stressing myself - lost social interaction, gained weight, i was unhealthy, eating bad, never seeing the sun. it was bad. I try to enjoy life even if I was on a budget, I tell young guys to have 1-2 hours a day to enjoy something - swim, gym, hiking, or gardening - your brain is a muscle and it needs a break and to focus on something else to gain its strength back.

You need to release yourself and give yourself a routine, for example, I dont get on my laptop until 10-1030am because my morning routine is wake up, gym, meditate, breakfast, I even walk to work instead of ubering it as I would rather enjoy some scenery before entering an office.

I even take weekend breaks so i lose focus from work. Hustle is important but personal enjoyment, being stress free, is far better than money. here is a good article i wrote 5 years back about working form home and being lost.
    Working For Yourself is So Overrated... - Ian Fernando

10. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

well, you have a good mode

11. Gemma

Gemma Entrepreneur

Having a good work-life balance is a must. Its not possible to work constantly all the time. I learned that the hard way and now I always disconnect from work on the weekends and holidays. I make time for my family and I love to go for walks. On weekdays I put a certain portion of the day for work and then stop after the times up. Its necessary to have a schedule every day and its even more necessary to schedule some time for your self as well. Forget work on the weekends and you'll find your self super charged when Monday rolls around.

VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.