BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Determining product interest.

Discussion in 'Sales' started by Tduino, Aug 12, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Tduino

Tduino Entrepreneur

Hi, I've designed and built a product (circuit board/sensor)

Originally I planned on releasing it with my other products which would help create a demand for the sensor. However now I believe I could sell the this board by itself to start but I'm having trouble gauging interest. The closest board to mine that is for sale uses a laser based sensor while mine doesn't. Which allows me to sell mine for $15-20 instead of $30 . (No loss in performance) This board sold 800 in four years so about 200 per year.

This is the only information I have to base a sales estimation on, is it logical to expect to sell 200 per year? Another note, I'm a college student so selling only 200 a year is fine by me
    I had a link to the product but since I'm new it won't let me post them just yet.

T J Tutor likes this.

2. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@Tduino ; Lots of missing information in your question. Not sure how many here can help you...

Based on the title of your thread. Suggest you to create a survey and collect from various places from existing customers, web, social profiles, small gathering, your college friends, family etc

Please use "resources" tab and post your product and company info their.

3. Sam

Sam Entrepreneur

Hi Tduino,

You can set up a simple test site online, where you show potential buyers the product description and price and use google analytics to count how many people click buy. These count as test buys.
    Then set up 5 days of PPC google adwords or Facebook ads.

I hope this helps,
    Sam

4. Ewa

Ewa Entrepreneur

Hi @Tduino ,

Definitely a survey. Include the questions you want to gain insight on, for example:

"On a scale of 1-10 how likely you would be to use a service that..."
    "What is a feature of a management software that you wish was updated?"

Highly recommend you a platform typeform.com:

-has digital outlook, templates;
    -easy to use;
    -unlimited number of questions and unlimited number of answers;
    -lets you easily pick types of questions such as scale, multiple choice, picture choice, etc.
    -lets you share easy link with people;
    -gathers all the data into a table and lets you analyse it.

Ciaran likes this.