BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Design Forum

Discussion in 'Planning Your Business' started by Nick Haley, Dec 14, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Nick Haley

Nick Haley Entrepreneur

I think the design community really lacks a QUALITY forum site that people from every aspect of design can come together to share ideas, show off work, etc. This is just an idea that was sparked and still just an idea. If anybody has a suggestions, tips, or are interested in possibly becoming a partner on making this happen I would love to hear from you!

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

@Nick Haley, Welcome to EntrepreneurFix!!! - PM me and we can discuss ideas and how you plan on making it successful!

Nick Haley likes this.
  3. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

We have a design forum at websitefix.
    Design | Webmaster Forum | WebsiteFix

We would love to have you come over and become one of the leaders. Work with me/us in making the forum be all it can be.

I am WSF-Roger over there.

Nick Haley likes this.
  4. Nick Haley

Nick Haley Entrepreneur

Hey that's pretty cool, I had no idea there was a design forum! On the other hand, I was thinking more of a website dedicated specifically to designers, from beginners to experts. Here are just some features I was thinking about-

- Designer of the week (home page)
    - Forum ranks
    - Specific parts of the site dedicated to different types of design, with sub-forums within each (Graphic Design, Web Design, Fashion, Film & Video Edits, Photography, etc.)
    - Freelance area where people can offer their services.
    - Contests every month

...and much more. My overall goal for this site would be to inspire people to explore the creative world, find a direction that speaks to them, and become discovered for their talent and creativity.

What do y'all think?

setupdisc likes this.
  5. Virtus

Virtus Entrepreneur

Send me your contact information . I used to own a design forum for the people who speak my language so that is the reason i never expanded but i have some great ideas and insight on how to help .

6. Nick Haley

Nick Haley Entrepreneur

Add me on facebook and we can chat!

FB- nickhaley07

7. K

K Administrator Business Owner Entrepreneur

What forums are there currently available for designers?

setupdisc likes this.
  8. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

There are quite a few communities like Dribbble, showcasing design work. However, there aren't any major design forums that I am aware of. It may be a viable idea.

setupdisc likes this.
  9. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

Just as a thought, I was looking through EntrepreneurFix and seeing that there are other .Fix sites they own. However, there isn't anything exclusively for Design yet. Maybe you could be their Forum manager or collaborative co-op in running DesignFix if they wanted to do it, or have your own forum for it and have an agreement to where they use your forum under the DesignFix name? I'm just putting this out there because it's the first thing I thought of while reading your post, and I'm not sure if they would be interested in something like that, but if they are and you are...then why not, right? :)

Maybe even have it as a combination of Photography and Design in one forum, like PhotoDesignFix

Update: Nevermind, I didn't see there were more comments here at the end of the page (it didn't load all the way) and just saw EF-Roger's mentioning of it being all-inclusive with WebsiteFix. I'm going to need a forum to consolidate everything called UpdateFix! haha