BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

What is up with all these celebrity deaths lately - Lemmy from Motorhead, Natalie Cole, and now David Bowie?!

According to an official statement from his camp, he succumbed to cancer which he had been battling for 18 months. It makes me wonder if he had known back then it was terminal and that he would be passing relatively soon. It just seems the timing of it all to be so crazy - just a couple days after his birthday and right after the release of his latest album, Blackstar.

I know we will be seeing and hearing a lot about this in the days to come, but it still doesn't seem real to even consider it. He did live an amazing life and his tremendous impact on music will carry on.

2. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

[​IMG]

Singer David Bowie has died at the age of 69 from cancer.

Tributes have been paid from around the world to the "extraordinary artist" whose last album was released days ago.

His son, film director Duncan Jones, confirmed the news and a statement was issued on his social media accounts.

"David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18-month battle with cancer," it said, asking for privacy for the family.

Read more David Bowie dies of cancer aged 69 - BBC News

3. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I read this morning that it was his parting gift, done intentionally this way.

Saw Bowie in concert a few years ago, he was fantastic, loved him! I was sad to hear of his passing.

4. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

This one affected me more than I thought. I am a big fan of Bowie's work and I didn't know i would miss him so much.

5. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

I actually saw an act here a local theater that was dedicated to David Bowie, and I have to say that it was probably one of the better shows that I have seen in some time. He truly was an amazing man and he contributed a lot to the music and entertainment industry. I was really amazed at the fact that he released an album a couple of days before he died, which is incredible that he could go out like that.

6. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I read that the album was a good-bye gift to his fans.