BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cutting To The Chase With Newbies

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by T J Tutor, Jan 14, 2016.

Share This Page

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Hi Zac,

I am a long time fan! Thanks for being here, we are grateful that you've committed time to our members.

As a moderator in Fix Forums, among the most frequent challenges I meet daily is with Newbies. No matter whether I am giving guidance to a new marketer, or a new business person, I stress the importance of two elements very prominently when I am attempting to set them on a good structured path. Scheduling and budgeting, yet these are probably the most ignored advice I offer.
    1. Many of them want to find the quick buck and are unwilling to begin with a true business structure. I've witnessed this many times and almost 100% of the time they end up quitting and not realizing it's due to a lack of structure. They ignore the simple steps of managing time and money properly. From your personal experience, and from your interviews with leading entrepreneurs, how can we get more of these budding business people to engage structure and budgeting?
    2. Entering business without investment seems to be as big, or bigger, an issue. Such a large abundance of individuals seem to think all they need is a great idea to become an entrepreneur/business person and don't realize (or refuse to admit) that it's rare that anyone will invest in an idea and that almost 100% of investors are investing in a proven business model, product, or service. What interviews have you conducted with leading entrepreneurs, who started from scratch with little or no money, and how did they get past this issue?

Zac Johnson likes this.

2. Zac Johnson

Zac Johnson Entrepreneur

1 - Unfortunately most people simply aren't going to take action. I've seen this time and time again as I pretty much give out a step by step guide on how to make money with an ad campaign or starting a new site, yet only 1-2% of people might actually do something with it

This is the main reason why I don't mind telling people how it is or what they need to get started, simply because I know most people aren't going to act upon it.

The only thing I can recommend to improve these numbers, is to make the first step or two extremely simple. This way you can get their foot in the door without them getting overwhelmed. Something as simple as setting up hosting or registering a domain can be enough to get a person excited and motivated to move on.

2 - I covered this topic a little bit in previous questions here and here. As for interviews/podcasts, you can see them all here.

Of all the interviews, a few of them do have great story on how they got started. I would recommend the following:

Each of them are unique in their own way, but have also started with little money (or had to deal with financial obstacles along the way).

azgold and T J Tutor like this.